From:
Cindy Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:42:56 -0400
In a recent usability study I conducted for an enterprise system, users
commented that the current system (unix) automatically converted the address
and registration information to caps.  They like this feature because they
can work faster this way.

From entering data point of view, it is easier to type without caring about
the upper and lower case.  From reading point of view, it might be harder
for users.  In the above case, the address and registration information is
relative short, so reading the information may not be a big problem.

I appreciate about your thoughts and data supporting or against this
feature.

Thanks!

-Cindy

Cindy Lu, Ph.D., CHFP
HFE Consulting, LLC
"Designing for a better user experience"
732-246-6883
http://hfec.biz