Sender:
From:
"Alex Taylor (MSR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 13:30:38 +0100
 AUTOMATED JOURNEYS
a UbiComp 2008 workshop
(call for position papers)

ABOUT:-
Computing technology now pervades those moments of our day when we move
through our cities. Mobile phones, music players, vending machines,
contact-less payment systems and RFID-enabled turnstiles are de rigueur on
our daily journeys. This workshop aims to examine these augmented journeys,
to reflect on the public, semi-public and private technologies available to
us in them, and to speculate on what innovations might be to come. Taking as
our starting point cities such as Seoul, we aim to take seriously the
developments in mobile technology as well as the advancements in autonomous
machinery and how these mesh with our urban journeys.

Through collaborative fieldwork, group discussion and a hands-on design
brainstorming session, the workshop's empirical focus will be directed
towards producing 4 envisagements that either speculate and/or critically
reflect on technological futures.

For further detail and a break down of anticipated themes see:
<http://www.inbetweeness.org/automated-journeys/themes.html>

URL:-
<http://www.inbetweeness.org/automated-journeys/>

VENUE:-