From:
Marco Winckler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:29:23 +0200
      8th Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computer Systems
                                [structural - permanent - natural]
                         October 21-24 2008 - Porto Alegre, Brazil
                            http://www.inf.pucrs.br/ihc2008/en-us/

Overview
The Brazilian Symposium of Human Factors on Computer Systems (IHC)
is the main forum of the Brazilian Human-Computer Interaction(HCI)
community. This symposium welcome researchers, professionals,
educators and students of various HCI-related disciplines, such
as Computer Science, Psychology, Ergonomics and Graphic Design,
among others.

We celebrate in 2008 the 10th anniversary of HCI events in Brazil
and we invite the community to discuss nowadays HCI and what it is
expected for the next 10 years. In particular we expect contributions
related (but not limited) to aging and User eXperience (UX). Our goal
is to discuss the many roles played by interactive systems at the
different phases of human life which includes users who learned to
use the computer before learning to read, users who employ computer
in their daily life as a mean to gain productivity, for entertainment
and/or to socialize, and those seniors users who are learning the new
technologies to improve their quality of life.

IHC 2008 is organized in cooperation with ACM SIGCHI and it is
supported by Brazilian Computing Society (SBC) and PUCRS.

Submission and Publication
Authors can submit their work either in Portuguese or in English.
All submissions should be anonymous and they must be sent electronically
via the JEMS web site at: https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=687

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings in
CD-ROM (with ISBN) and they are going to be included into the ACM
Digital Library. At least one author of each accepted report must
register to the conference in order to have the contribution published
in IHC2008 proceedings.

Important Dates
Deadlines
* Full papers:  July 6, 2008 (extended)
* Short papers, Industrial reports, Demos & Posters: August 11, 2008

Workshops and Tutorials: October 21, 2008
IHC Symposium: October 22-24, 2008

Coordinators
Organizing Committee: Milene Silveira (PUCRS) and Junia Anacleto(UFSCar)
Program Committee: Lucia Filgueiras (Poli-USP) and Marco Winckler
(UFRGS/UPS)

Further information at the Web site:
http://www.inf.pucrs.br/ihc2008/en-us/