From:
Danyel Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Danyel Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:08:34 +0000
Visualization for Understanding CSCW Data
A workshop at CSCW 2010 (Feb 6 or 7, 2010)
VisCSCW2010
http://research.microsoft.com/viscscw2010/

Organizers:
Danyel Fisher & Nathalie Henry, Microsoft Research
Sheelagh Carpendale, University of Calgary
Stacey Scott, University of Waterloo

Position Paper Due date: November 20, 2009

In computer-supported collaborative work (CSCW), we often come upon complex interactive data. Who has talked to whom? What data has been shared between people? Where did they click? Data visualization can help us to understand how to handle and display this data. This workshop brings together CSCW researchers with visualization experts; its goal is to understand visualization of CSCW data, and to develop best practices.

We solicit perspectives from a variety of CSCW authors and researchers who have incorporated existing visualizations into their analyses, or have created novel visualizations in order to understand their data.

PARTICIPATION: Please send a 2000 word overview of how you use visualization to understand your CSCW data to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by the deadline in standard ACM format as a PDF file.

For more details, see http://research.microsoft.com/viscscw2010/