From:
Julie Maitland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Maitland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:34:22 -0300

**** Call for Papers **** 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare 2010 http://www.pervasivehealth.org March 22nd-25th 2010, Munich, Germany Sponsored by ICST Technically co-sponsored by CREATE-NET, IEEE EMB and IMIA In technical cooperation with ACM SIGCHI In cooperation with the Technical University of Munich, MiMed and IMETUM All accepted submissions will be published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Pervasive healthcare is an emerging research discipline, focusing on the development and application of pervasive and ubiquitous computing technology for healthcare and wellness. Pervasive healthcare seeks to respond to a variety of pressures on healthcare systems, including the increased incidence of life-style related and chronic diseases, emerging consumerism in healthcare, need for empowering patients and relatives for self-care and management of their health, and need to provide seamless access for health care services, independent of time and place. Pervasive healthcare may be defined from two perspectives. First, it is the development and application of pervasive computing (or ubiquitous computing, ambient intelligence) technologies for healthcare, health and wellness management. Second, it seeks to make healthcare available to anyone, anytime, and anywhere by removing locational, time and other restraints while increasing both the coverage and quality of healthcare. The Pervasive Healthcare conference aims to gather together technology experts, practitioners, industry and national authorities contributing towards the development and application of human-centered pervasive and ubiquitous computing technology for healthcare and wellness. *** CONTRIBUTIONS *** We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to: Technology * Design and evaluation of patient and ambient-related sensors * Wearable and implantable sensor integration * Energy management and harvesting * Sensor networks for pervasive healthcare * Data fusion in pervasive healthcare environments * Physiological models for interpreting medical sensor data * Decision support algorithms for sensor data analysis * Human to machine interfaces User Needs * Usability and acceptability issues * Social implications * Coverage and delivery of pervasive healthcare services * Cognitive deficits (mild cognitive impairment, dementia,...) * Physical deficits (mobility,...) * Vegetative deficits (incontinence, adipositas, cardiovascular diseases,...) * Telemedicine Applications * Clinical applications, validation and evaluation studies * Pervasive healthcare applications for citizen for chronic disease management & health risk management * Health promotion, and disease prevention * Wearable, ambient and home based health and wellness measurement and monitoring technologies * Continuous vs event-driven monitoring of patients in diverse environments * Health interfaces, information visualisation and feedback * Health-related ICT for Development * Assistive Devices for temporal and spatial orientation * Activity recognition and fall detection * Entertainment, educational and motivational aids Management of Pervasive Healthcare * Business cases and cost issues * Electronic citizen-managed health records * Security and privacy in pervasive healthcare * Training of healthcare professional for pervasive healthcare * Legal and regulatory issues in pervasive healthcare * Insurance payments and cost aspects * Standards and interoperability in pervasive healthcare * Using mobile devices for healthcare information storage, update, and transmission *** TYPE OF SUBMISSIONS *** Pervasive Health will accept submissions in the following categories: 1 Full papers (up to 8 pages submissions) - Full papers are submissions describing results and original research work not submitted or published elsewhere in one of the four main categories listed below. Full papers should properly place the work within the field, cite related work, and clearly indicate the innovative aspects of the work and its contribution to the field. 2 Posters (up to 4 pages submissions) - Authors are invited to submit work in progress whose preliminary results are already interesting to Pervasive Health audience. The poster track will give Pervasive Health attendees a way to learn about ongoing research initiatives and will provide presenters with an excellent opportunity to receive invaluable direct feedback from experts. 3 Demos and Videos (2 pages submissions- see call below) 4 Workshop Proposals (3 pages submissions- see call below) *** CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS AND VIDEOS Demonstrations and Videos provide an opportunity to present a demonstration of your work, research, service, prototype or product addressing one or more of the suggested topics as presented in the general call for participation. We seek proposals for demonstrations of pervasive technologies across the full environment of healthcare, starting from clinical applications to wearable, ambient and home based health monitoring technologies up to assistive devices and educational or motivational aids. A successful demo or video communicates ideas and concepts in a powerful way, a regular presentation cannot. We therefore encourage making your demonstration visually or otherwise appealing and presenting it in an innovative way. Submissions should be a maximum of two pages (including figures). Your extended abstract should be submitted by 22 January 2010 to the conference review system, according to the IEEE Pervasive Health 2010 Proceedings format. The notification of demo and videos acceptance will be sent on 22 February 2010. For further details, please visit http://www.pervasivehealth.org/cfd.shtml *** CALL FOR WORKSHOPS The 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, Pervasive Health 2010, is soliciting proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference. The workshops will take place during the first day of the conference (22 March 2010). We invite workshop proposals that address innovative and important topics related to the application of pervasive technologies in the field of heal th care. The workshops should establish an informal forum fo! r partic ipants to exchange developing research results and ideas. Potential workshop proposers are requested to submit a 3 page workshop proposal including a timely topic of interest to the Workshop Chairs Lena Mamykina and Andreas Hein at [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] by 16 October 2009. Outcome of workshop proposals will be announced on 2 November 2009 by e-mail. For further details, please visit http://www.pervasivehealth.org/callforworkshops09.shtml *** All accepted submissions will be published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library. *** IMPORTANT DATES **** All Papers Categories Submissions: December 4, 2009 Notification of Acceptance: February 8, 2010 Camera-ready Manuscripts due: February 26, 2010 Conference Dates: March 22-25, 2010 *** WORKSHOPS *** Please visit the Workshops pages for detailed submission requirements and procedures. *** SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS *** Please visit the Submission page for detailed submission requirements and procedures. http://www.pervasivehealth.org/submission.shtml *** PUBLICATION *** Please visit the Publications page for more information. http://www.pervasivehealth.org/publication.shtml     ---------------------------------------------------------------                 To unsubscribe, send an empty email to      mailto:[log in to unmask]     For further details of CHI lists see http://sigchi.org/listserv     ---------------------------------------------------------------