From:
Alejandro Jaimes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alejandro Jaimes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 02:45:23 -0400
ACM Multimedia 2007
Interactive Art Program
23-29 September, Augsburg, Germany
http://iap07.multimedia.fh-augsburg.de/
*** DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 22 ***

CALL FOR EXHIBITION ENTRIES AND PAPERS

ACM Multimedia 2007 is the premier annual multimedia conference, covering all
aspects of multimedia computing. The ACM MM Interactive Art Program seeks to
bring together the arts and multimedia communities to create the stage to
explore, discuss, and push the limits for the advancement of both multimedia
technology through the arts, and the arts through multimedia technology.

This fourth version of the Interactive Art Program will consist of a conference
track and an art exhibition. We invite artists working with digital media and
researchers in technical areas to submit their original contributions to the
following tracks:

- Conference track: we solicit papers describing interactive multimedia
artworks, tools, applications, and technical approaches for creative uses of
multimedia content and technology as well as technical approaches for the
management of art-related media collections. Emphasis will be given to novel
works that use a rich variety of media and those that are interactive,
particularly works that exploit non-conventional human-computer interfaces or
sensors in new and emerging areas. We strongly encourage papers with a strong
technical content written by artists. Papers may be long (10 pages) or short (2
to 4 pages). Long papers are presented in front of an audience and short papers
are presented in poster format.  New Deadline for full papers to the Arts
Program Conference Track May 22, 2007
Deadline for short papers to the Arts Program Conference Track June 1, 2007

- Multimedia art exhibition: "I / You / Other". We seek artworks that use
multimedia to explore issues of self-exploration, self-presentation towards
another, the self in a group or the group as a self. We particularly seek
interactive multimedia works that by combining multiple media, technologies,
and novel technical ideas, realize strong artistic concepts that give a new
perspective on the topic of the exhibition. New Deadline for submission to the
Art Exhibition: May 22, 2007

For further submission details please see
http://iap07.multimedia.fh-augsburg.de/

Accepted papers and art works will be published in the ACM Multimedia
Conference proceedings.
Important Dates
May 22, 2007      Long papers and art exhibitions submission deadline.
 June 1, 2007     Short papers submission deadline.
June 20, 2007   Authors notification.
July 20, 2007    Camera-ready papers due.

Program Chairs

Alejandro Jaimes, IDIAP Research Institute , Switzerland ([log in to unmask])
Frank Nack, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France ([log in to unmask])
Thomas Rist, FH Augsburg, Germany ([log in to unmask])

Curatorial Committee

Annet Decker, Montevideo, Amsterdam
Anne Nigten, V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
Prof. Robert Rose, time based media, Faculty of Design, Augsburg University of
Applied Sciences, Augsburg