Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:26:51 -0700
From:
Forrest Gray Swilling <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Context plays a key role here - when new and unfamiliar information
is being explored (news site), the visited rule can play an
informative role, and an elegant one where aesthetically thoughtful.

In the case where the site functions as an application or where the
link is being used in an application-like manner (pull-down menu),
the role served in helping organize unfamiliar information no longer
has the same value and as you point out, may actually reduce the
usability of the page.

Forrest