From:
Greg Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:26:31 +0200
Dear Reader,

My name is Greg Dunn and I am a PhD. student at the Technical University of
Eindhoven, the Netherlands, and I am also affiliated with Philips Research
in Eindhoven.

Several months ago, I sent out a call for participation in an online
experiment I am currently conducting, which investigates the relation
between music and personality. This call was somewhat successful, but I'm
still looking for approximately 100 participants for the (English)
experiment. For those who've already completed the experiment, thank you
very much for your participation. For those who've started, but haven't
finished, let this serve as a reminder to please complete the experiment if
you have not already done so. For those who have not participated, I would
appreciate your participation greatly.

inventory online, as well as listen to various music clips and provide
answers to questions regarding your opinion about these clips. The
experiment takes approximately 60-90 minutes to complete, but this can be
done in sessions at your own convenience; once you've registered, it will
save your progress with every page, so you can log out and continue where
you left when you log back in. The experiment is available in both English
and Dutch.

You can access the experiment at the following web address
www.traitsntunes.com

As a reward for participation, you will be provided with a detailed,
professional-quality, personality report, as well as an opportunity to
provide your email address and so receive a report of the results of the
study once it is finished.

The goal of my project is to attempt to create an adaptive music player
based in part on personality characteristics and properties of music.  I
need 240 participants to make this study work, so any assistance you can
provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Greg Dunn
Principal Investigator

Marie Curie Research Fellow & PhD. Candidate
Philips Research Laboratories
High Tech Campus 34
Media Interaction Group, WB 5.06
5656 AE, Eindhoven