From:
Calum Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:11:48 +0100
On 21 Aug 2008, at 04:42, Eric Scheid wrote:

> On 20/8/08 10:56 PM, "Cristóbal Palmer" <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> Personally I've seen "import" in that context too many times to
>> answer
>> "download" and have it feel right.
>
> hmm .. I would "download" from the camera, a process which makes
> lots of
> files in folders, and then "import" them into my photo management
> software.
>
> If your process short circuits those two actions, then referring to
> it as
> "importing" makes sense.

All of which points to the fact that perhaps having a button that just
says "Upload", "Import" or whatever might be needlessly restrictive.

Wouldn't it be better if the buttons said "Import from Camera",
"Export to Disk", "Upload to Website" etc...?

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:[log in to unmask]            GNOME Desktop Team