From:
CHI Publicity <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CHI Publicity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 04:55:59 -0700
The deadline for submitting Workshop proposals and Interactivity demos
has been extended to October 22, 2010. (Previously October 8, 2010)

The full CFP for CHI 2011 can be found at
http://chi2011.org/authors/index.html. Links to details for each
category, are highlighted below:

October 8 (deadline unchanged):
        o Panels (http://chi2011.org/authors/panels/index.html)
        o Case Studies (http://chi2011.org/authors/casestudies/index.html)
        o Doctoral Consortium (http://chi2011.org/authors/dc/index.html)

  October 22 (deadline extended):
      o Workshop proposals (http://chi2011.org/authors/workshops.html)
      o  Interactivity (http://chi2011.org/authors/interactivity/index.html)

Note: SIG meetings, Works-In-Progress, alt.chi, Videos, Student Design
Competition, and Student Research Competition submissions will be due
January 14, 2011.

********
Message from your Interactivity Chairs:

Interactivity is the venue at CHI to present your interactive demos to
CHI participants in a hands-on fashion. Authors have reported that
this is one of the best ways to get exposure at CHI - both to your
research community and to the press and the public.

Since many prospective Interactivity authors are also authors or
attendees at this year's ACM UIST conference that is going on this
week, we have received numerous requests to push back the
Interactivity deadline, to allow these authors some extra time for
their Interactivity submissions.Therefore, we are happy to announce
that you now have until Friday, October 22, 2010, 5:00 pm PDT to
submit your demos to Interactivity at CHI 2011. These two extra weeks
will also help those that were caught up with CHI paper submissions to
get their Interactivity submissions ready in time. Remember that it's
supported and indeed encouraged to submit an Interactivity demo that
complements your archival CHI Paper/Notes submission - both will be
handled individually, and one or both may be accepted.

For more details, see the CfP at
http://chi2011.org/authors/interactivity/index.html

We are looking forward to your submissions!

The CHI 2011 Interactivity Co-Chairs,
   - Jan Borchers, RWTH Aachen University
   - Sid Fels, University of British Columbia
   - Lyn Bartram, Simon Fraser University
Contact us: [log in to unmask]

**********************
Message from the Workshops Chairs:

Workshops are a chance for attendees with common interests to meet in
the context of a focused and interactive discussion. They are an
opportunity to move a field forward and build community. CHI workshops
might address basic research, applied research, HCI practice, HCI
education, new methodologies, emerging application areas, design
innovations, or management, strategy, and organizational issues. Each
workshop should generate ideas that will give the HCI community a new,
organized way of thinking about the topic or that suggest promising
directions for future work. If you are working in an emerging area in
HCI, please consider organizing a workshop. Some workshops have
resulted in edited books or special issues of journals; you may
consider including this goal in the design of your workshop. Others
have created communities that spawned new, more specialized
conferences. We invite you to participate in the workshops venue!

The CHI 2011 Workshops Co-Chairs,
   - Daniela Busse, SAP Labs, Palo Alto
   - Catalina Danis, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center Research, Yorktown Heights
Contact us: [log in to unmask]

*************

Visit the CHI 2011 web site for further information and to connect
with CHI on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.

http://chi2011.org/

Regards,

Kirstie Hawkey
CHI 2011 Publicity Chair
on behalf of the CHI 2011 Committee

p.s. - We want announcements about CHI to reach a broad audience. If
you have suggestions for email lists or other channels over which
information about CHI should be distributed, please let me know.