Sender:
From:
Ingi Helgason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:26:08 +0100
WORKSHOP :: Informing the design of the future urban landscape

The 7th Creativity and Cognition Conference
Berkeley Art Museum & UC Berkeley, USA, October 2730 2009

This workshop will identify emerging design themes by bringing
together practitioners from across disciplines. Participants in the
workshop will collaborate in a practical exercise designed to reveal
issues that will increasingly impact upon the design of the products
and services that will populate the urban landscape in the near
future. The outcome of this half-day workshop will be the
identification of challenges that designers and technologists will
have to address as they shape the media-rich urban landscape.
Workshop Leaders: Michael Smyth & Ingi Helgason, Centre for
Interaction Design, Edinburgh Napier University, UK

Who should attend?

As the aim of this workshop is to generate discussion and to
collaboratively identify design issues, we would like to encourage
attendance from a mix of people at different career stages, both
creative practitioners and academic researchers. As
interdisciplinarity is an important feature of this workshop,
participants from a range of related fields, for example technology
and creative design, are welcome to attend.
If you are interested in attending, please email Ingi Helgason : [log in to unmask]
  : by 31st August, including a maximum of 500 words telling us about
yourself and your work, and why you would like to attend this workshop.
Find out more about the workshop :: http://informingurbanfutures.wordpress.com/about/

CREATIVITY IS PRESENT IN ALL WE DO

The 7th Creativity and Cognition Conference (CC09) embraces the broad
theme of Everyday Creativity. This year the conference will be held at
the Berkeley Art Museum (CA, USA), and asks: How do we enable everyone
to enjoy their creative potential? How do our creative activities
differ? What do they have in common? What languages can we use to talk
to each other? How do shared languages support collective action? How
can we incubate innovation? How do we enrich the creative experience?
What encourages participation in everyday creativity?

http://www.creativityandcognition09.org

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ingi Helgason : Centre for Interaction Design : School of Computing
Edinburgh Napier University : Merchiston Campus : Edinburgh : EH10
5DT : UK : tel +44 (0) 131 455 2750

Peach Project : www.peachbit.org
Centre for Interaction Design : www.cid.soc.napier.ac.uk

On 25 February 2009, the University launched its new name, Edinburgh Napier University.

For more information please visit our website.

Edinburgh Napier University is one of the top 10 universities in the UK for graduate employability (HESA 2009)

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else out-with the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. Registration number SC018373