Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:48:20 +0300
From:
Miltiadis Lytras <[log in to unmask]>
Dear All,
I am so happy that we finished the latest double issue of AIS SIGSEMIS
Bulletin.

You can donwload it for free from:

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mpp26/Lytras/Bulletin2007.pdf

I would be happy to receive comments, reflections on contents etc. Find
the
editorial below [and forgive me for the typos/grammar, i just dont have
time to fix them]

Once again thank you for your great support.

Warm regards

Miltiadis

EDITORIAL
After a tough period of hard work, AIS SIGSEMIS is again in your hands.

I would like to thank personally all the people around the word that were
worried about the publication of this issue of AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin.

In the next more than 150 pages you will find excellent information
regarding our activities. In a period where whole Europe is authoring
proposals for the FP7, it is really a good time to reconsider our models
for knowledge dissemination of research outcomes. Withing this context I
am more than happy since our NGO, the OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY is in good
order and prepares for the spring of 2008, a great event, the WORLD SUMMIT
ON KNOWLEDGE SOCIETY, for which you will find detailed information in the
next double AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin scheduled for Publication in 15th June
2006.

Given our vision and strategic objective to provide to our scientific
community more opportunities for publications and collaborations we have
developed in this issue a special section related with some of the
journals that we launched recently. In the Special section in Page 49, you
will find more info on these journals plus a number of Special issues that
are open for submissions [have also in mind that full submissions are
encouraged even if the deadline for abstract submissions has passed].

I would like to thank deeply the 100s of academics and practitioners who
joined me in this effort with enthusiasm. And for sure to clarify that our
quality standards for these publications are more than TOP. Here is the
list of the Journals:

1. International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning(IJTEL) -
http://www.inderscience.com/ijtel/
2. International Journal of Teaching and Case Studies (IJTCS) -
http://www.inderscience.com/ijtcs/
3. International Journal on Social and Humanistic Computing
http://www.inderscience.com/ijshc
4. International Journal on Digital Culture and Electronic Tourism-
http://www.inderscience.com/ijdcet
5. International Journal of Electronic Democracy-
http://www.inderscience.com/ijed
6. International Journal of Electronic Banking-
http://www.inderscience.com/ijebank
7. International Journal of Electronic Trade-
http://www.inderscience.com/ijetrade
8. International Journal of Entertainment Technology and Management, -
http://www.inderscience.com/ijenttm
9. International Journal of Ocean Systems Management-
http://www.inderscience.com/ijosm
10. International Journal of Arab Culture, Management and Sustainable
Development, http://www.inderscience.com/ijacmsd

On more issue relates with the coediting of 3 book series with Professor
Patricia Ordonez de Pablos in IGI Global. We would be happy to evaluate
your book proposals. With a capacity to publish 20-30 titles per year in
these 3 [plus the well established Knowledge and Learning Society Series]
these book series are a significant contribution to our community.

1. Advances in Emerging Information Technology Issues Series (AEITI)
The Advances in Emerging Information Technology Issues (AEITI) Book Series
aims to promote leading edge research in Emerging Technologies and Topics
of Information Technologies. With a focus to a balanced discussion of
technological and business issues, the book series endeavors to develop
bridges between the IT industry, IT practitioners and Academia towards a
holistic discussion on the adoption of Emerging technologies to the
business world and society. This approach fills in a critical gap
traditionally found in formalistic discussions for the role of emerging
technologies, and responds to the need of society for the exploitation of
emerging IT innovations. The books in this series are targeted to answer
jointly the WHAT, HOW and WHY of emerging technologies through applied
approaches in real world problems.

2. Advances in Semantic Web and Information Systems Series (ASWIS)
The Advances in Semantic Web and Information Systems (ASWIS) Book Series
promotes a knowledge transfer channel where academics, practitioners and
researchers can discuss, analyze, criticize, synthesize, communicate,
elaborate, and simplify the more than promising technology of the Semantic
Web in the context of Information Systems. The book series aims to
establish value-adding knowledge transfer and personal development
channels in three distinctive areas: Academia, Industry, and Government.

3. Advances in Strategic Management and Sustainable Development Series
(ASMSD)
The Advances in Strategic Management and Sustainable Development (ASMSD)
Book Series is a timely series responding to the high demand for
state-of-the-art knowledge on how information technologies provide
infrastructures, systems and services towards sustainable development.
With a focus on local and global challenges, business opportunities and
societal needs, the book series is promoting a scientific debate for
international collaboration, peace and understanding based on sustainable
development.

In a world were traditional business practices are reconsidered; economic
activity is performed in a global context; new areas of economic
development are recognized as the key enablers of wealth and income
production; the quest for collaboration and exploitation of synergies is
recognized as an Information Technologies Primer; this book series brings
together academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy makers and
government officers aiming to contribute to the debate on Sustainable
Development and Strategic Management.

In this issue you will find also information for the 2ND INTERNATIONAL
CONFERENCE ON METADATA AND SEMANTICS RESEARCH [< >http://www.mtsr.ionio.gr]
AN EVENT THAT ALREADY HAS ATTRACTED MORE THAN 80 SUBMISSIONS. We invite
you to join us and to send your articles and to meet you in Corfu, Greece
in October.

Further more you will find info for several published books, as well as
research articles and update on International Journal on Semantic Web and
Information Systems [< >http://www.idea-group.com/ijswis]. With the
leadership of Professor Amit Sheth, IJSWIS goes perfect in all terms
[quality, impact, inclusion to Citation Indexes]. I would like to wish
from the bottom of my heart all the best to Amit, for his appointment as
the LexisNexis Eminent Scholar in Wright University and Knoesis
[< >http://knoesis.wright.edu/]. We hope in the next issue to publish a
special section in Knoesis presenting the excellent work of Amit and his
brilliant group.

I am so happy that we finalized and published 3 books the last months:
1. Open Source for Knowledge and Learning Management: Strategies beyond
tools

2. Semantic web based Information systems: State of the Art Applications

3. Ubiquitous and Pervasive knowledge and Learning Management: New media,
semantics and social networking to their full potential

Currently we are finalizing the following titles [will be available in
bookstores in late 2007]:

4. Technology Enhanced Learning: Best Practices [Lytras, Gasevic, Huang]
5. Knowledge Management Strategies: A handbook of applied technologies
[Lytras, Russ, Maier, Naeve]

6. Knowledge Networks: The social software perspective [Lytras, Tennysons,
Ordonez]
7. Real World Applications of Semantic Web and Ontologies [Cardoso, Hepp,
Lytras]

8. Semantic Web Engineering in the context of the knowledge society
[Cardoso, Lytras]

9. Innovations of Semantic Web Information Systems [Sheth, Lytras]

10. Emerging Topics and Technologies for in Information Systems [Lytras,
Ordonez, Tsakalidis, Vassilacopoulos]

11. Knowledge Ecology: Managing Global Intellectual Capital [Ordonez,
Lytras]

We agreed also with IGI Global for a magnificent title on:

Social Web Evolution: Intregrating Semantic Web Applications ans Web 2.0
technologies

and also we arragned for an edited book in Springer for
conference post proceedings in 2nd MTSR [http://www.mtsr.ionio.gr]
Advances on Metadata and Semantics Research [Sicilia, Lytras].

Many thanks also to AIS SIGSEMIS members for their collaboration towards
our objective for cultivating the semantic web vision in Information
systemsÂ’ research community. Semantic Web technology is here to stay.
Looking forward to "see" you in one of the forthcoming AIS SIGSEMIS
activities.

I would be happy to receive mails and reflections to this bulletin. And
please get involved, give a help.

On behalf of SIG SEMIS Board
Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras
Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics,
University of Patras, Greece,
Email: < >[log in to unmask] (use this mail for correspodence)