Sender:
From:
Miltiadis Lytras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:08:55 +0300

Dear All,
We are happy, since after more than one year of preparation INTERNATIONAL
JOURNAL OF TEACHING AND CASE STUDIES, http://www.inderscience.com/ijtcs is
on air.

We start a wonderful journey in IJTCS with a double issue on: Information
Systems: The New Research Agenda, the Emerging Curriculum and the New
Teaching Paradigm

Guest Editors: Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras and Professor John M. Carroll
Guest Editorial available:
http://www.inderscience.com/browse/getEditorial.php?articleID=759

I am really honoured for the great support of Professor John M. Carroll,
Edward M. Frymoyer Professor of Information Sciences and Technology, Penn
State, USA, http://ist.psu.edu/ist/directory/faculty/?EmployeeID=234 to
this initiative and I want to wish him health, well being and all the very
best.

I want to thank also from the bottom of my heart, Professor David Avison,
Distinguished Professor of Information and Decision Systems, ESSEC
Business School, France, that accepted my invitation and he will serve as
the Co-Editor in Chief. Deepest appreciation and respect also to all the
members of the Editorial Board for their involvement and enthusiasm.

You can have access to the entire contents of the double inaugural issue
from the following URL: http://www.inderscience.com/sample.php?id=196

Few words about the strategy of IJTCS can be found in the provocative
article:
Teaching in the knowledge society: an art of passion, by Miltiadis D.
Lytras, URL:
http://www.inderscience.com/search/index.php?mainAction=search&action=record
&rec_id=14205

In the double issue 12 articles, summarize the thoughts and sound
propositions for the The New Research Agenda, the Emerging Curriculum and
the New Teaching Paradigm of INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Please find below the
short abstracts of these articles.

We would greatly appreciate if you recommend this journal to your library,
http://www.inderscience.com/libraryform.html
Last but not least if you wish to get a complimentary printed issue I can
forward your info to Publishers [send me an email with IJTCS Free sample
on the subject and your contact details] .

In the next issues of IJTCS we have already prepared two special issues on
TEACHING KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT and
TEACHING SEMANTIC WEB.

Together with Prof. David Avison and a prestigious committee of TOP
academics, very shortly we will announce the AWARDS of TEACHING
EXCELLENCE, a regular process for promoting the teaching methods and
strategies of distinguished scholars through IJTCS.

Please also feel free to recommend special issues in IJTCS.

For many moths now we are trying to establish for our community a number
of new publication outlets with the support of 100s academics and
practitioners worldwide. We are working really hard to launch this autumn
the inaugural issues of the following journals. And we are really in the
right order. Recently Thomson Scientific published the ISI/JCR 2006
reports. Our goal is to list all this journals in 2 years in ISI, and we
will make it!!
1.	International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning(IJTEL) -
http://www.inderscience.com/ijtel/
2.	International Journal on Social and Humanistic Computing
http://www.inderscience.com/ijshc
3.	International Journal on Digital Culture and Electronic Tourism
http://www.inderscience.com/ijdcet
4.	International Journal of Electronic Democracy
http://www.inderscience.com/ijed
5.	International Journal of Electronic Banking,
http://www.inderscience.com/ijebank
6.	International Journal of Electronic Trade
http://www.inderscience.com/ijetrade
7.	International Journal of Entertainment Technology and Management,
http://www.inderscience.com/ijenttm
8.	International Journal of Ocean Systems Management
http://www.inderscience.com/ijosm
9.	International Journal of Arab Culture, Management and Sustainable
Development, http://www.inderscience.com/ijacmsd

Last but not least, very shortly we will launch the official web site of
ATHENS SUMMIT ON KNOWLEDGE SOCIETY. We are in the final process of
agreeing for two different volumes in Lectures Notes in Computer Science
and Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence with SPRINGER. Please give a
help to this event. I would be happy to provide more info in everyone that
is interested in.

Warmest Regards and wishes for a wonderful summer
Miltiadis D. Lytras

 ----------------

International Journal of Teaching and Case Studies (IJTCS)
Volume 1 - Issue 1/2 - 2007
Special Issue on Information Systems: The New Research Agenda, the
Emerging Curriculum and the New Teaching Paradigm
Guest Editors: Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras and Professor John M. Carroll

An interview with Michael D. Myers, President, Association for Information
Systems: ||the field of IS has always been about RELATIONSHIPS, not things
in themselves

In this interview with Miltiadis Lytras, the President of the Association
for Information Systems, http://www.aisnet.org, Professor Michael Myers,
provides his thoughts about the discipline of Information Systems

Thoughts on the future of education in information technology
John F. Sanford, Les M. Sztandera

Education for students preparing to enter corporate information technology
departments will need to deal with a vast array technologies that are
becoming commoditised. This paper outlines the fundamental concepts. [get
full article]
Articulating case-based learning outcomes and assessment
John M. Carroll, Marcela Borge

Contemporary classroom practices have evolved, and are continuing to
evolve toward an emphasis on authentic learning activities. To a
considerable degree, lectures and proscribed classroom exercises are being
replaced with more open-ended… [Get full article]

A shift in content of the IS fundamentals course

Judy L. Wynekoop, Kazuo Nakatani

In light of the recent discussion on whether Information Systems (IS) as a
field should stay focused on its technology core, a survey of IS
instructors was done to determine the current and growing emphases of the
introductory fundamentals [Get full article]

Educating future IS professionals through real-world integration

Duncan Shaw, Brendon J. Woodford, George L. Benwell

We report on teaching Information Systems Analysis (ISA) in a way that
takes the classroom into the real world to enrich students| understanding
of the broader role of being an IS professional. Through exposure to less
controllable and more... [Get full article]

Business informatics as a research discipline
Wm. Benjamin Martz Jr., Teuta Cata

The purpose of this paper is to develop a research model for the business
informatics discipline. Borrowing concepts from a range of complementary
areas, including Warfield|s General System [Get full article]

Electronic case studies: a problem-based learning approach to management
development

Philip M. Drinkwater, Christopher P. Holland, Konstantinia Nadia
Papamichail
Electronic case studies (e-Cases) are hypertext documents that focus on a
single company or business theme. An e-Case differs from a traditional
case study in that it is a dynamic account of a business situation. The
hypertext links point [Get full article]

Use of conversation theory to underpin blended learning

Aleksej Heinze, Chris Procter, Bernard Scott
Our work is concerned with the search for a viable pedagogical theory for
a part time information technology course facilitated in blended learning.
It was initially thought that the Conversational Framework (Laurillard,
1993) would provide... [Get full article]

The impact of social technologies on student performance in a
collaborative learning environment

Khaled Kevin Deeb

Research has shown that effective learning is attributed to the
interaction of people with different experiences, knowledge and skills.
Learning can also be maximised within a social setting that facilitates
formal and informal interactions... [Get full article]

Teaching appropriate ethnographic methodologies for pervasive computing
Anxo Cereijo Roibas

This paper discusses the inclusion in the undergraduate and postgraduate
educational HCI curriculum the use of different experimental in-situ and
other data gathering and evaluation techniques in the quality assessment
of pervasive [Get full article]

Towards active case based learning in IS
Lyn Antill
Persistent difficulties in getting students to understand certain topics
in Information Systems led to a rethink of how we could meet the
objectives for the particular courses taught at NBS. The paper describes
some of the problems currentl.. [Get full article]

PASER: a curricula synthesis system based on automated problem solving

Dimitris Vrakas, Grigorios Tsoumakas, Fotis Kokkoras, Nick Bassiliades,
Ioannis Vlahavas, Dimosthenis Anagnostopoulos

The AISWorld LISTSERV is a service of the Association for Information
Systems (http://www.aisnet.org). To unsubscribe, redirect, or change
subscribed to AISworld as: [log in to unmask]  Each Sender assumes responsibility
that his or her message conforms to the AISWorld LISTSERV policy and
conditions of use available at http://lyris.isworld.org/isworldlist.htm.