Sender:
From:
"Bernhaupt, Regina" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:09:27 +0100

Call for Workshop Participation:

Towards new forms of iTV user experience

EuroiTV 2008, 2nd July, 2008, Salzburg Austria

Call for Workshop Participation

Increasing complexity in todays interactive TV (iTV) services and new trends and perspectives like (social) communication, privacy and security are putting new constraints on design and development of iTV products. Looking at the generation of new forms of user experience in the living, developers have to face an enormous complexity: successful iTV products rely today on the synchronized development of new forms of user interaction by user interface design, system design and input device manufacturer. In this complex development environment it is difficult to enhance the iTV user experience.

The workshop addresses all challenges how to enable new forms of user experience for iTV inviting participants with practical experiences from industry as well as researchers with latest results from academy. A special focus will be how academic results can be used to enhance user experience in today's iTV solutions for the market.

Postion Papers

Position papers are invited from several disciplines and areas, researchers and practitioners, as long as they focus on the user experience for new forms of interactive TV. We specially welcome papers dealing with methodological issues and what kind of methods can be used in the (industrial) practice to achieve new forms of user experience.

Position papers can range from 2 to 6 pages (Springer LNCS Format), and shall be submitted at https://workshops.icts.sbg.ac.at/euroitv2008ItvUX/conf/openconf.php <https://workshops.icts.sbg.ac.at/euroitv2008ItvUX/conf/openconf.php> .

For further information please see http://workshops.icts.sbg.ac.at/euroitv2008ItvUX/ <http://workshops.icts.sbg.ac.at/euroitv2008ItvUX/>

Position papers are due March, 28th 2008, Feeback to Authors until 11th April, Camera-Ready Version of the Position Paper 25th of April.

Workshop Organizers

Regina Bernhaupt, ruwido research, [log in to unmask]

David Sloo, Microsoft TV, [log in to unmask]

Mike Darnell, Microsoft TV,

Charles Mingos, Microsoft TV, [log in to unmask]

Contact

ruwido

Köstendorferstr. 8

5202 Neumarkt a. W.