Sender:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:34:30 -0400
From:
Geoffrey Hubona <[log in to unmask]>
The non-profit *R Institute* is augmenting their statistical software /
research methods course offerings using freely available R and PLS software
over the 2011-2012 academic year. We are offering a 2-for-1 advance
registration opportunity, between now and August 13, to reserve a spot in
any two of our online courses during the 2011-2012 academic year.

Courses are offered continuously, on a rotating basis. Courses follow a five
week format (first 2 hour class is a ‘pre-session’ and four remaining 3 hour
classes are on same time and day for four more weeks). Courses are taught in
a live, interactive, synchronous online format offered in both the AM and PM
to accommodate different geographic locations. All courses are recorded and
the recordings are provided to the course participants.

Currently, we offer the following existing courses on a regular basis:

1) PLS path modeling using R

2) PLS path modeling using SmartPLS and WarpPLS (non-linear)

3) Fundamentals of Using R

4) Using R for Statistical Research Analyses I

5) Using R for Statistical Research Analyses II

We are also adding the following new courses in the Fall and Spring:

1) Data Manipulation With R

2) Generalized Linear Models (GLM) and Generalized Additive Models (GAM)
using R

3) Linear Mixed Models (lme4 package) Using R

4) Introduction to Programming and Simulation Using R

5) Introduction to Data Mining with R

6) Others

We are offering a 2-for-1 advance registration opportunity, between now and
August 13, to reserve a spot in any two of the above online courses. There
are a limited number of ‘slots’ for this offer and it may be withdrawn at
any time. This offer cannot be combined with any other discounts and does
not include any courses for which you might have already registered. The
student cost is $225 USD; the faculty cost is $295; and the practitioner
cost is $325. This advance registration offer guarantees you a place in any
two courses of your choosing through June of 2012. R-Institute personnel
will manage the list of registrants to ensure that everyone gets any classes
that they want.

There is more information here (and you can register here if you choose):
https://www.regonline.com/2-for-1-public

If you do register, drop me an email at [log in to unmask] and inform me
which two courses you are interested in taking.

Sincerely,

Geoff Hubona, Ph.D.