From:
Ping Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ping Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:41:17 -0400
(Appology for crosss posting)

The School of Information Studies (iSchool) at Syracuse University has
several tenure-track openings for promising or established scholars to
join its highly active, accomplished, and interdisciplinary faculty.

The iSchool (http://ischool.syr.edu) hosts seven research centers and
laboratories, and has strengths in information management, information
security, virtual collaboration, Internet research methods, emerging
networking technologies, natural language processing, digital literacy,
information retrieval, digital libraries, and telecommunications policy
areas, among others.

Our 40 full-time and more than 100 part-time faculty members seek
entrepreneurial scholars whose interests complement and mesh with those
of current faculty members to start in either Fall 2008 or Spring 2009.
To complement our research strength in the social and organizational
dimensions of IT, we seek scholars who have a track record in spanning
disciplinary boundaries in the study of socio-technical systems. For
instance, we are seeking scholars who can contribute to research and
teaching in the area of cyberinfrastructure, as defined by the National
Science Foundation's blue ribbon panel. Cyberinfrastructure refers to
the various kinds of information infrastructure that contribute to
ubiquitous, comprehensive digital environments. We are particularly
interested in individuals who have the potential to obtain grants and
other external funding or an established record of doing so and who
strengthen one of our existing research areas. Individuals with teaching
experience and who can provide evidence of a strong commitment to
teaching excellence are preferred.

Rank and experience level of these positions are open. A completed Ph.D.
in a relevant field of study or the expectation of completion of the
Ph.D. by August 2008 is required. Responsibilities will be appropriate
for rank, with the typical allocation of two courses per semester,
research activities, advising, participation in School and University
committees, and other duties as assigned by the dean.

Submit a curriculum vita; a statement of research and teaching
interests; research writing sample(s); teaching portfolio or other
evidence of teaching experience; and at least three references to
www.sujobopps.com. The Job Number is 024017. Questions may be directed
to the search chair at [log in to unmask]

Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the candidates
are identified. Those applications submitted by May 15, 2008, will be
given priority as we would like to move quickly.

Syracuse University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.

Dr. Ping Zhang    Associate Professor
School of Information Studies    Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244
Phone: 315-443-5617   Fax: 315-443-6886
http://melody.syr.edu/pzhang

New HCI textbook: http://melody.syr.edu/books/hcitext