Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:02:44 +0200
Sender:
2nd WORLD SUMMIT ON THE KNOWLEDGE SOCIETY, WSKS 2009
16-18 September, Crete, Greece
http://www.open-knowledge-society.org/summit.htm

Facebook Group [join us]:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=36329664439&ref=nf

Call for papers: http://www.open-knowledge-society.org/cfp.htm

Program Committee: http://www.open-knowledge-society.org/pc.htm

Proceedings: Springer LNAI, Springer CCIS + 10 Special Issues in ISI
SCI/SSCI Journals

15 Sponsoring International Journals

Download Brochure: http://www.open-knowledge-society.org/WSKS2009.pdf

Important Dates
Submission of papers for LNCS/CCIS Springer Proceedings: 12th February 2009
Notification to authors: 10th March 2009
Camera ready papers: 24th April 2009
Conference Days: 16-18 September 2009

WSKS 2008 Proceedings:
http://www.springer.com/computer/general?searchKey=easySearchKey&searchType=
easy&visited=true&propagate=false&resultStart=1&resultCount=10&SGWID=5-155-1
4-0-0&queryText=wsks&easySearchOption=all&go.x=0&go.y=0

LETTER from Program and Organizing Committees

The 2nd World Summit on the Knowledge Society (WSKS 2009), is an
international scientific event devoted to promoting the dialogue on the
main aspects of the Knowledge Society towards a BETTER WORLD for all.
This annual Summit  brings together key stakeholders of the Knowledge
Society development worldwide, from Academia, Industry, Government, Policy
Makers, and active citizens to look at  the impact and prospects of the
Information Technology, and the knowledge-based era it is creating, on key
facets of living, working, learning, innovating and collaborating in
today¢s hyper-complex world.

The Summit provides a distinct, unique forum for cross-disciplinary
fertilization of research, favoring the dissemination of research  new
scientific ideas  relevant to international research agendas as the EU
(FP7), OECD or UNESCO.

Eleven  general pillars provide the constitutional elements of the Summit
that are linked to 11 Main Tracks and 52 Mini Tracks:
Track 1.
Information Technologies - Knowledge Management Systems - E-business &
Business, Organizational and Inter-organizational Information Systems  for
the Knowledge Society

Track 2.
Knowledge, Learning, Education, Learning Technologies and E-learning for
the Knowledge Society

Track 3.
Social & Humanistic Computing for the Knowledge Society &#8211; Emerging
Technologies for the Society and the Humanity

Track 4.
Culture & Cultural Heritage - Technology for Culture Management -
Management of Tourism and Entertainment - Tourism Networks in the
Knowledge Society

Track 5.
E-Government and e-Democracy in the Knowledge Society

Track 6.
Innovation, Sustainable Development and Strategic Management for the
Knowledge Society

Track 7.
Service Science, Management, Engineering, and Technology

Track 8.
Intellectual and Human Capital Development in the Knowledge Society

Track 9.
Advanced Applications for Environmental Protection and Green Economy
Management

Track 10.
Future Prospects for the Knowledge Society: from Foresight Studies to
Projects and Public Policies

Track 11.
Technologies and Business Models for the Creative Industries

We need a better world. We contribute with our sound voices to the agenda,
policies and actions.

We invite you to join your voice with ours and all together to shape a new
deal for our world. Education, Sustainable Development, Health,
Opportunities for well being, Culture, Collaboration, Peace, Democracy,
Technology for all. Open Minds for a Better World.

Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras
President, OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY
General Chair of the Summit

Open Research Society, NGO
http://www.open-knowledge-society.org

1st World Summit on the Knowledge Society
http://www.open-knowledge-society.org/summit.htm

My Personal Web Site
http://www.miltiadislytras.net