Third International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience
September 7-9, 2011 - Mechelen, Belgium
Call for papers
The third International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) will bring together leading professionals and scientists who are developing methods for evaluating multimedia quality and user experience.
Typically, multimedia processing algorithms are evaluated using objective metrics or through subjective testing in a controlled environment. However, perceived user experience is psychological in nature and changes in different environmental and social conditions and with different multimedia devices. Therefore, new techniques are needed to assess and enhance multimedia experience from the user perspective. QoMEX is an international forum to gather experts from academia and industry to present the latest developments on evaluation of multimedia quality based on user experience.
QoMEX'11 features oral presentations, exhibits, panels and poster sessions in order to provide attendees with various channels to exchange and acquire information about the latest developments and future trends in the field of multimedia user experience. For more information, see http://www.qomex2011.org/.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* User Experience Assessment and Enhancement: New metrics/measurements to define quality of user experience, interaction between auditory, visual, affective and other modalities and their impact on user experience, user interface design, capturing, modeling and (re)presentation of user experience data, human and multimedia device interaction, multimedia quality evaluation tools for generic and specific applications.
* Visual User Experience (Image/Video/Graphics): Objective quality metrics, subjective quality evaluation, psycho-visual modeling, quality-centered processing, compression and transmission, artifacts reduction, relationship between errors/noise/losses and human perception, display-specific processing, visual saliency, 3D Video, quality evaluation in HD and beyond, quality evaluation for HDR content, quality issues in streaming video.
· Auditory User Experience (Speech/Audio): Psycho-acoustic modeling, quality assessment of interactive speech and non-speech applications, intrusive/non-intrusive models for quality evaluation.
* QoE for virtual, augmented and mixed realities: 3D audio, 3D video and multimodal representation, immersiveness, embodied interaction, haptic interaction, other modalities.
* Link between QoS, QoE and Acceptance: Innovation management based on QoS and QoE, business models, value of QoE, relationship between QoE and price.
* Psychological and sociological dimension of QoE: Physiological and neurotechnological measurement techniques, modality concepts and modality interaction, interaction and communication, semantics, user groups.
* Standardization Activities in Multimedia Quality Evaluation: Subjective evaluation methods, benchmarking efforts, databases and multimedia content characteristics, testing conditions, new objective metrics and models for upcoming standards, terminology definitions.
* Examples of applications include VoIP, Video conferences/Tele-presence/Video chats, Virtual/mixed reality for games, education, training, arts ...
* Submission deadline: March 14, 2011
* Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2011
* Camera ready submission: June 12, 2011
* Peter Schelkens, IBBT-VUB
* David Geerts, IBBT-KULeuven
Technical Program Co-Chairs
* An Jacobs, IBBT-VUB
* Gabriel Cristobal, CSIC, Madrid
* Loretta Anania, EC
* Søren Bech, Bang & Olufsen
* Al Bovik, University of Texas
* Touradj Ebrahimi, EPFL/NTNU
* Khaled El-Maleh, Qualcomm USA
* Joyce Farrell, Stanford Univ.
* Lina Karam, Arizona State Univ.
* Bastiaan Kleijn, KTH
* Sebastian Möller, TU Berlin
* Levent Onural, Bilkent Univ.
* Andrew Perkis, NTNU-Q2S
* Amy Reibman, AT&T Labs
* Joeri Barbarien, IBBT-VUB
Social Program and Local Arrangements Chair
* Ann Dooms, IBBT-VUB
* Karin De Bruyn, IBBT-VUB
* Tim Bruylants, IBBT-VUB
* Frederik Temmermans, IBBT-VUB
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org