From:
Johannes Schöning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johannes Schöning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:41:17 +0200
Call for Posters, Demos, Tutorials, Workshops and Doctoral Symposium
6th Annual ACM Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2011

ITS 2011
November 13-16, 2011
*Kobe International House, Kobe, Japan
http://its2011.jp/
Twitter: @ITS_Japan2011
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ACM-ITS-2011/161135517267835
*NEWS*
The conference venue has been changed to "Kobe International House".
Please visit the conference website for further information.

We are pleased to announce our welcome keynote speaker, Prof. Hiroshi Ishii.
Visit http://its2011.jp/keynote.php for further information. Closing keynote
speaker to be announced shortly.

The Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2011 Conference (ITS) is a premiere
venue for presenting research in the design and use of new and emerging
tabletop and interactive surface technologies. As a new community, we embrace
the growth of the discipline in a wide variety of areas, including innovations
in ITS hardware, software, design, and projects expanding our understanding of
design considerations of ITS technologies and of their applications.

Building on their success in previous years, ITS again features tutorials,
posters, demonstrations tracks and a doctoral symposium. For the first time,
ITS 2011 will also include workshops.

*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
Doctoral Symposium, Posters & Demos
- Submission deadline   : September 12, 5pm pacific standard time (PDT)
- Notification          : September 26
- Camera-ready deadline : October 7

*** POSTERS ***
http://its2011.jp/Posters.php

Posters provide an interactive forum for authors to present research prototypes
and work in progress to conference attendees. Submissions should be in the form
of a 2-page extended abstract (ACM format) describing the poster and submitted
through our online system. The posters themselves will not be submitted with
the abstracts - instead they should be brought to the conference by the author.

The abstracts will be published in the main conference proceedings and will be
included in the conference USB memory stick. Authors of accepted poster
abstracts are responsible for preparing a poster to display/demonstrate on site
at the conference. Posters focus on visual presentation and discussion between
the author and attendees around the poster.

Please submit your abstract by September 12, 5pm pacific standard time (PDT).

For specific queries, please contact: [log in to unmask]

Shin Takahashi and Anthony Tang (Poster Chairs)

*** DEMOS ***
http://its2011.jp/Demos.php

The ITS demo session provides an interactive forum for authors to present their
work to conference attendees and receive feedback from the leading experts in
interactive surface research. Demos provide an opportunity to interactively
present research prototypes and work-in-progress as well as your best demos of
the last year. Both independent demonstrations and those accompanying accepted
papers and posters are welcome. At the conference, we want the ITS participants
to literally get in touch with your demos. Our main goal is to provide a forum
for lively discussion and hands-on experience.

Demo proposals should be submitted through our online system in the form of a
video of up to 4 minutes length. In addition, a supplemental text document is
required describing your demo and the necessary spatial and technical
requirements. Please use the provided template and submit a PDF accompanying
your video through the conference submission system.

Please submit your video and supplemental document by September 12, 5pm pacific
standard time (PDT).

For specific queries, please contact: [log in to unmask]

Yasuaki Kakehi and Masanori Sugimoto (Demo Chairs)

*** DOCTORAL SYMPOSIUM ***
http://its2011.jp/DoctoralSymposium.php

The ITS Doctoral Symposium is a forum in which Ph.D. students can meet and
discuss their work with each other and a panel of experienced Tabletop
researchers in an informal and interactive setting. We will give preference to
applicants beyond the proposal stage and well into their dissertation research.
Each applicant should provide a short written paper (no more than four pages in
normal ACM format). This paper should describe ongoing work and might summarize
the student's full dissertation work, or highlight a particular part in depth.
In addition, each student is asked to present a poster describing his or her
work to the full conference. Doctoral Symposium papers will be published in the
ITS conference companion distributed at the conference. Doctoral Symposium will
take place at the conference venue on Sunday, November 13th 2011.

For specific queries, please contact: [log in to unmask]

Takeshi Naemura and Raimund Dachselt (Doctoral Symposium Chairs)

*** CONFERENCE COMMITTEE ***

Conference Program Committee Co-Chairs: Yoshifumi Kitamura and Daniel Wigdor
Conference Co-Chairs: Jun Rekimoto, Hideki Koike and Kentaro Fukuchi

ITS 2011 Conference: November 13-16, 2011

http://its2011.jp/

www.qkies.de - The World's First eSweet
--
Johannes Schöning