BAYCHI-UE Archives

ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)

BAYCHI-UE@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:25:56 -0800
From:
Mary Van Riper <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
We look forward to seeing you at our joint meeting of the BayCHI
Usability Engineering BOF/ Bay Area UPA Chapter on Tuesday, March 22nd
at Intuit (2550 Garcia Ave, Bldg 5; Mountain View).

Networking will begin at 7pm and our talk, Patterns -- The Missing
Link between Information Design and Interface Design, will begin at
7:30pm.

We look forward to an interesting and interactive session.

Best regards,

Kaaren Hanson, Emily Hebard, Howard Tamler and Mary Van Riper

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

BayCHI Usability Engineering BOF/ Bay Area UPA Chapter meeting announcement

Date: Tues, March 22, 2005

Time: 7pm Networking; 7:30pm Presentation begins

Topic:  Patterns--The Missing Link between Information Design and
Interface Design

Speaker: Doug Van Duyne, Keynote Systems

Why create your web site from scratch?  Douglas has written a book of
templates for a wide variety of sites that will please beginners and
experts alike. These "patterns" help you leap from information design
to interface design.

DOUGLAS K. VAN DUYNE is senior director of customer experience
products and design at Keynote Systems and the co-author of The Design
of Sites. Doug holds a degree in computer science from the University
of California at Berkeley.

For a complete abstract of the meeting, Doug's bio and directions to
the meeting, see:

http://www.baychi.org/bof/usability/20050322/