From:
*Baillie Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
*Baillie Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:42:21 +0100
PhD Studentships Glasgow Caledonian University

We are seeking applications from well qualified candidates for PhD Studentships in key areas of research excellence across the University. One of those areas is:  Mobile Computing and Wireless Communications. One of the groups at GCU involved in this area is the Multimodal Interaction Research Group and we are looking for students who are interested in applying to join our group.

About the Group
Applications and systems in the future will be built mainly for mobile and ubiquitous settings it is therefore imperative that researchers lead the way in developing and investigating: novel interaction modalities, novel genres, interactive navigation, novel interface solutions for particular user groups, such as elderly users, and novel perspectives on how to integrate the digitally mediated social space with the physical space. Our work builds on user-centred design tradition where end-users are seen as active co-constructors of functionality. The group is part of the Division of Creative Technologies within the School of Engineering and Computing.

OUR KEY AREAS

*	Interaction Design
*	Multimodal Interaction
*	Mobile Design
*	Health and Wellbeing Systems
*	Interactive Systems Architecture
*	User Modelling and Testing

For further information and application forms please visit: http://www.mmig.mobi/ <http://www.mmig.mobi/>

These studentships are for a period of 3 years and will provide payment of tuition fees at the UK/EU rate an annual stipend of £14,600 plus £1000 per annum for research related activities.

The closing date for applications is Friday 11th March 2011.