From:
David Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:18:33 +0000
Extended deadline and final call for participation: Interaction Design and Emotional Wellbeing

A one-day workshop at CHI 2012

New submission deadline: Monday 23rd January 2012.

Workshop website: www.design4wellbeing.org

If you have any questions please contact David Coyle at [log in to unmask]

Emotional wellbeing is fundamental to our quality of life. It enables us to experience life as meaningful and is an essential component of social cohesion and stability in the living environment. This one-day workshop at CHI 2012 will bring together a diverse community of researchers, to share expertise and consolidate existing knowledge on interaction design and emotional wellbeing. It will provide a forum to define new opportunities and explore diverse theoretical frameworks, thus helping to set an agenda for future research in this area. Alongside a specific consideration of technology in mental health settings, we will explore the role of emotional support in health and wellbeing more generally, and will consider the requirements of technologies that can provide emotional support across the lifespan. The potential of social and sensor networks and possibilities for extending traditional care networks will be important themes of this workshop.

We invite you to submit a 2-4 page paper that reports current work, describes future intentions and/or offers new insights, theoretical perspectives or provocative opinions on technology and emotional wellbeing.

Format: 2-4 pages, in the ACM extended abstract format.

Submit: by email to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Extended Deadline: January 23th 2012

Notification: February 10th 2012

Workshop: May 5th or 6th 2012 in Austin, Texas

Please indicate how many authors will attend the workshop, as places are limited and we may need to place a cap on the number of attendees per accepted paper. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop and for at least one day of the main conference.

Workshop Organisers:
David Coyle, University of Cambridge, UK
Conor Linehan, University of Lincoln, UK
Karen Tang, University of California, Irvine, US
Siān Lindley, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK