CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Gregory Herzhauser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gregory Herzhauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:08:29 -0400
I have a lengthy form that I have broken into several steps in a
'wizard' style format.

This form requires many addresses (4-5). There is a database requirement
that cities and states must match the zip code as provided by the USPS.
There are cities that share zip codes.

I need an accessible method of seeing to this requirement is met. My
thought is to ask for city state and zip and bonk at the user if the
city does not jive with what the post office is telling me is valid,
then giving the user a dropdown of the possible cities.

The application owners are suggesting filling City and State textboxes
onBlur off of the zip code. So the order would be Zip, City, State, and
City and State would only appear to be editable. Dropdowns would appear
when applicable.

Does anyone have any examples of a best practice for this situation?

Thank you,

Greg Herzhauser
New York State Insurance Fund
518.437.5207

This e-mail transmission contains confidential information that is the property of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any retention, disclosure, reproduction or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. No warranty is given by NYSIF that this e-mail is free of viruses, interception or interference. NYSIF disclaims liability for any unauthorized opinion, representation, statement, offer or contract made by the sender on behalf of NYSIF. NYSIF's delegation of authorities, setting out who may make representations or contract on behalf of NYSIF, is available by contacting NYSIF at [log in to unmask] Jurisdiction for all actions arising out of dealings with NYSIF shall lie only in a court of competent jurisdiction of the State of New York.