Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:59:18 -0400
Sender:
From:
CHI Publicity <[log in to unmask]>
Only one week remaining until the January CHI submissions are due!
(less for some workshops)

SIGs, Work-in-Progress, alt.chi, and Student Competitions are due
January 14, 2011.  Workshop position papers are due on or before
January 14th (check individual workshop CFP for details):

January 14, 2011:

 o Special Interest Groups (SIGs) <http://chi2011.org/authors/sigs/index.html>
 o Work-in-Progress <http://chi2011.org/authors/wip.html
 o alt.chi <http://chi2011.org/authors/altchi/index.html>
 o Videos <http://chi2011.org/authors/videos/index.html>
 o Student Research Competition <http://chi2011.org/authors/src/index.html>
 o Student Design Competition <http://chi2011.org/authors/sdc/index.html>

Now through January 14, 2011:

    o Workshops (Participants): Please check the page of the workshop
to which you would like to submit for details. The latest due date
will be January 14, 2011, but workshops may have earlier deadlines.
     <http://chi2011.org/authors/workshops-attending.html#list>

The ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems is the
premier international conference of human-computer interaction. CHI
2011 focuses on leveraging our diversity and connecting people,
cultures, technologies, experiences, and ideas. CHI 2011 will be held
in gorgeous, energetic, sophisticated Vancouver BC, a city renowned
for its innovation in sustainability, accessibility, and inclusivity.
Join us at CHI 2011, May 7-12, 2011,  in Vancouver and prepare
yourself for a great time Connecting!

The CHI 2011 Registration site
(http://www.regonline.com/chi_2011_attendees) is now open. CHI 2011
will be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, British
Columbia on Canada's West Coast. Information for those attending CHI
has now been posted. See http://chi2011.org/attending/index.html for
details about:

 o Housing and Accommodation <http://chi2011.org/attending/housing.html>
 o Registration <http://chi2011.org/attending/registration.html>
 o Obtaining a Canadian visa <http://chi2011.org/attending/visas.html>
 (Bonus tips: On the Canadian Border Services Agency site
(http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html), use the
Requirements to Enter Canada link in the Tips And Tools Box, to
determine you whether you need a visa or visit the Canadian; or visit
the Citizenship and Immigration Canada site for detailed information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp)

The official website for visitors to Vancouver is www.tourismvancouver.com

Visit the CHI 2011 web site for further information and to connect
with CHI on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.

http://chi2011.org/

Regards,

Kirstie Hawkey
CHI 2011 Publicity Chair
on behalf of the CHI 2011 Committee

p.s. - We want announcements about CHI to reach a broad audience. If
you have suggestions for email lists or other channels over which
information about CHI should be distributed, please let me know.