From:
PublicityIUI2010 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PublicityIUI2010 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:39:18 +0800
We are very pleased to announce the ACM International Conference on
Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI10) –Hong Kong, China; 7-10 February,
2010.

IUI 2010 is the annual meeting of the intelligent interfaces community
and serves as the principal international forum for reporting
outstanding research and development on intelligent user interfaces.
IUI is where the community of people interested in Human-Computer
Interaction (HCI) meets the Artificial Intelligence (AI) community.
We're also very interested in contributions from related fields, such
as psychology, cognitive science, computer graphics, the arts, etc..

We are inviting proposals and research papers in several categories:

*******Important Dates*******

Long & Short Paper submissions:	Friday, 25 Sept. 2009, 11:59pm US PDT
Long paper review notification:	Monday, 2 November 2009 Rebuttal process starts
Long paper rebuttals due:	Monday, 9 November 2009 Rebuttal process ends
Long and Short Paper final notification:	Friday, 23 November 2009
Long & Short Paper camera-ready due:	Friday, 11 December 2009
Intention to submit workshop proposal:	Friday, 17 July 2009
Workshop proposals due:	Friday, 31 July 2009

Conference Co-Chairs:
       Charles Rich (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA)
       Qiang Yang (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, China)

Program Co-Chairs:
       Marc Cavazza (U. Teesside, UK)
       Michelle Zhou (IBM Research, China)

For more information, please visit the conference website:
http://www.iuiconf.org/

Why submit to IUI?

Unlike traditional AI, our focus is not so much to make the computer
smart all by itself, but to make the interaction between computers and
people smarter. Unlike traditional HCI, we're more willing to consider
solutions that involve large amounts of knowledge, heuristics, and
emerging technologies such as natural language understanding or
gesture recognition.

The IUI conference gives you a chance to present and to see work in an
intimate, focused, no-nonsense event. It is large enough to be diverse
and lively (we expect around 200 people), but small enough to avoid
the circus-like atmosphere of conferences with thousands of people.
The vast majority of the attendees are actively involved with
conceiving and developing cutting-edge interfaces leading to a high
and fast impact of research results presented at IUI. It brings
together people from academics, industry, and nonprofits. As an ACM
conference, papers appear in the ACM Digital Library and citation
indices. There will also be a journal publication path for selected
papers. It's a single track conference, so you don't have to miss
anything. And it's always in a beautiful place!

IUI topics include, but are not limited to:

Processing of user input
       Processing and integration of multimodal input
       Natural language and speech processing
       Gesture and handwriting processing

Generation of system output
       Smart visualization tools
       Intelligent generation of multimedia presentations
       Generation of situation-specific output (e.g., on mobile
devices, wall-size displays, multi-touch screens, meeting
accessibility criteria)

Ubiquitous computing
       Intelligent interfaces for ubiquitous computing
       Smart environments

Help intelligent assistants for complex tasks
       Support for collaboration in multiuser environments
       Intelligent information and knowledge management

Novel, intelligent interaction system
       Affective, social and aesthetic interfaces
       User-adaptivity in interactive systems
       Personalization and recommender systems
       Modeling and prediction of user behavior
       Planning and plan recognition

IUI design
       Knowledge-based approaches to user interface design and generation
       Proactive and agent-based paradigms for user interaction
       Example-based and demonstration-based interfaces

User studies
       User studies concerning intelligent interfaces
       Evaluation methods and evaluations of implemented intelligent
user interfaces