From:
Haller Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haller Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:11:58 +0200
*** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ***
Papers, Notes, Demos, Poster, Doctoral Symposium, Tutorials

5th Annual ACM Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2010 (ITS)

ITS 2010
November 7-10, 2010
Saarbrücken, Germany

http://www.its2010.org
http://www.its2010.org/Main/ImportantDates

Paper / Note Submissions: June 23, 2010
Submission System is now online: http://precisionconference.com/~tabletop

The ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces
2010 (ITS) is a premiere venue for presenting research in the design
and use of new and emerging tabletop and interactive surface
technologies. As a new community, we embrace the growth of the
discipline in a wide variety of areas, including innovations in ITS
hardware, software, design, and projects expanding our understanding
of design considerations of ITS technologies and of their
applications.

Building on their success in previous years, ITS again features Papers
and Notes presentations, as well as tutorials, posters, and
demonstrations tracks. For the first time, ITS 2010 will also include
a doctoral symposium.

ITS 2010 will bring together top researchers and practitioners who are
interested in both the technical and human aspects of ITS technology.
On behalf of the conference organizing committee, we invite you to
begin planning your submissions and participation for this year’s
conference!

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: PAPERS AND NOTES

The use of interactive surfaces is an exciting and emerging research
area. Display technologies, such as projectors, LCD and OLED flat
panels, and even flexible display substrates, coupled with input
sensors capable of enabling direct interaction, make it reasonable to
envision a not-so-distant future in which many of the common surfaces
in our environment will function as digital interactive displays. ITS
brings together researchers and practitioners from a variety of
backgrounds and interests, such as camera and projector based systems,
new display technologies, multi-touch sensing, user interface
technologies, augmented reality, computer vision, multimodal
interaction, novel input and sensing technologies, computer supported
cooperative work (CSCW), and information visualization.

The intimate size of this single-track symposium provides an ideal
venue for leading researchers and practitioners to exchange research
results and experiences. We encourage submissions on (but not limited
to) the following topic areas as they relate to interactive tabletops
and surfaces:

* Applications

* Gesture-based interfaces

* Multi-modal interfaces

* Tangible interfaces

* Novel interaction techniques

* Data handling/exchange on large interactive surfaces

* Data presentation on large interactive surfaces

* User-interface technology

* Computer supported collaborative systems

* Middleware and network support

* Augmented reality

* Social protocols

* Information visualizations

* Interactive surface hardware, including sensing and input
technologies with novel capabilities

* Human-centered design & methodologies

Conference Program Committee Co-Chairs

Daniel Wigdor & Michael Haller
http://www.its2010.org/Main/ProgramCommittee

SUBMISSIONS
Papers/Notes: We invite paper submissions of two kinds: Papers (10
pages) and Notes (4 pages). Papers must present original, highly
innovative, prospective and forward-looking research, possibly in one
or more of the themes given above. Notes must also report novel and
complete research, but where the scope and scale of the contribution
is more focused and succinct than papers. Submissions must be
submitted as a single PDF file in the ACM format through the
submission system. A template for submissions can be found on the ITS
website (http://www.its.2010.org).

http://precisionconference.com/~tabletop

All accepted submissions will be presented at ITS 2010 and appear in
the ITS proceedings and be archived in the ACM digital library.

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper / Note Submissions: June 23, 2010

Paper / Note Author Notifications: August 27, 2010

Paper / Note Camera-Ready Deadline: October 1, 2010

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: POSTERS AND DEMOS
http://www.its2010.org/Main/Posters
http://www.its2010.org/Main/Demos

The ITS demo session provides an interactive forum for authors to
present their work to conference attendees and receive feedback from
the leading experts in interactive surface research. Demos provide an
opportunity to interactively present research prototypes and
work-in-progress as well as your best demos of the last year. Both
independent demonstrations and those accompanying accepted papers and
posters are welcome. At the conference, we want the ITS participants
to literally get in touch with your demos. Our main goal is to provide
a forum for lively discussion and hands-on experience. Demo proposals
should be submitted through our online system in the form of a video
of up to 4 minutes length. In addition, a supplemental text document
is required describing your demo and the necessary spatial and
technical requirements. Please use the provided template and submit a
PDF accompanying your video through the conference submission system.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: TUTORIALS
http://www.its2010.org/Main/Tutorials

ITS 2010 is a premier venue for presenting research in the design and
use of new and emerging tabletop and interactive surface technologies.
Tutorials range from general overviews of surface research to detailed
topics of interest. The tutorial chairs are looking for leaders in
interactive surface technology to run three tutorials that will run 1
hour in length and occur before the main conference program. We
request a short 1 page proposal in the ITS papers and notes format
(http://www.its2010.org/Main/PapersAndNotes). Please indicate the
follow:

    •       Topic of Tutorial
    •       Relevance to Tabletop community
    •       Nature of the tutorial, particularities
    •       Bio of speaker

Please submit your proposal and questions to the tutorial chairs
([log in to unmask]) by September 6th, 2010, 5pm pacific time (PT).

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: DOCTORAL SYMPOSIUM
http://www.its2010.org/Main/DoctoralSymposium

The ITS Doctoral Symposium is a forum in which Ph.D. students can meet
and discuss their work with each other and a panel of experienced
Tabletop researchers in an informal and interactive setting. We will
give preference to applicants beyond the proposal stage and well into
their dissertation research. Each applicant should provide a short
written paper (no more than four pages in normal ACM format). This
paper should describe ongoing work and might summarize the student's
full dissertation work, or highlight a particular part in depth. In
addition, each student is asked to present a poster describing his or
her work to the full conference. Doctoral Symposium papers will be
published in the ITS conference companion distributed at the
conference. Doctoral Symposium will take place at the conference venue
on Sunday, November 7th 2010.

IMPORTANT DATES
http://www.its2010.org/Main/ImportantDates

Papers & Notes

Submission deadline: June 23, 2010, 5pm pacific time (PT)
Author notification: August 27, 2010
Camera-ready paper due back to primary reviewer: October 1, 2010
Feedback from primary reviewer: October 8, 2010
Final camera-ready paper due: October 13, 2010

Demos & Applications

Deadline for submitting your demo: September 6, 2010, 5pm pacific time (PT)
Notification: September 20, 2010
Camera ready versions due: September 25, 2010

Doctoral Symposium

Submission deadline: September 6th, 2010, 5pm pacific time (PT)
Notification date: September 20th, 2010
Camera ready papers due: September 25th, 2010

Posters
Submit posters: 6th September 2010, 5pm pacific time (PT)
Notification to authors: 20th September 2010
Camera ready versions due: 25th September 2010

Tutorials
Submit tutorials: 6th September 2010, 5pm pacific time (PT)

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE

http://www.its2010.org/Main/Organization

ITS 2010 Conference:  November 7-10, 2010

http://www.its.2010.org