Call to participate in the
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 4th Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Competition - 7.000 Euros Award Sum
4th Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards Competition
6th – 8th October 2010
Competition deadline: July 30th 2010
Award Sum: 7 000€.
The Ubimedia competition seeks to broaden our understanding of where and how
ubiquitous media will influence our future life. We are looking for disruptive
artistic visions as well as clever near-to-market solutions off the beaten tracks!
This includes any range of innovative ubimedia, pervasive, or ambient products and
services. The Ubimedia Award is a highly interdisciplinary competition and we invite
Designers, Computer Scientists, Artists, Economists and Engineers to take a stand on
the following questions with their entries:
* What is the particular aesthetic experience opened up by the rise of ubiquitous and ambient media?
* What constitutes the specific intelligence that drives future media environments?
* How will location- and context-aware media services change our social life?
* How will our future lives look like in the era of ubiquitous computation, and how can
society benefit from these advanced technologies?
Valid competition entries include e.g.:
* Pervasive and ubiquitous games
* Ambient installations
* Artistic works related to ubiquitous media and computation
* Business models and management strategies
* Ambient and ubiquitous media technology
* Ubiquitous and ambient media services, devices, and environments
* Context aware, sensing, and interfaces for ubiquitous computation
* Ergonomics, human-computer interaction designs, and product prototypes
* Software, hardware and middleware framework demonstrations
* Ambient television
To be inspired, please take a look at the entries from previous years: http://www.ambientmediaassociation.org/node/18
All ubiquitous, pervasive, or ambient media products, services or prototypes which have been finalized
during the previous year after 1st January 2009 are eligible to take part in the competition.
How to participate?
Please check out the website http://www.mindtrek.org/2010/ubimedia for entry forms and current information.
In case of questions, please contact:
ubiaward (AT) mindtrek.org
Rules of the Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards
Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards Competition
ubiaward (AT) mindtrek.org
Or in urgent matters the competition chairs:
Artur Lugmayr, artur.lugmayr (AT) tut.fi, Tel.: +358 40 821 0558
Cai Melakoski, cai.melakoski (AT) tamk.fi, Tel.: +358 50 555 6581
Kirsi Lindfors, kirsi.lindfors (AT) hermia.fi, Tel.: +358 40 820 4608
Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards Jury 2009
• Artur Lugmayr, NAMU group, Tampere Univ. of Technology (TUT), FI
• Cai Melakoski, TAMK University of Applied Sciences, FI
• Kirsi Lindfors, Hermia, FI
Head Of Jury:
• Bjoern Stockleben, RBB , DE
About the MindTrek Conference
MindTrek takes place at Hotel Scandic Rosendahl, in Tampere, Finland. The organizer of the conference
has booked quota for the conference delegates from this hotel. Please, look for more information on
accommodation and registration later from our website. Please note that the accommodation is not included
in the participation fee. There is also other accommodation available in Tampere, ranging from modern
first-class hotels to smaller traditional hotels and dormitories. If you select one of these options,
you should make the reservations by yourself with that specific hotel.
MindTrek Conference in General
Jukka Matikainen, +358 (0)40 5336 379, jukka.matikainen (AT) mindtrek.org www.mindtrek.org
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://sigchi.org/listserv