From:
Elly Lammers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 09:17:41 +0200
European Confence on Cognitive Ergonomics - ECCE 2011 August 24-26,
2011, Rostock, Germany

Call for Participation
*Non-formal modelling for interaction design*
Gerrit van der Veer, Achim Ebert, and Inga Scheler

*Motivation* – If modelling is included in the requirements analysis
phase of a systematic
interaction design method, it mostly focuses on some kind of formalism.
However, when
designing in collaboration with non-expert stakeholders this will not work.
*Approach* – This workshop will allow exchange of ideas, experiences,
techniques and tools
for collaboration with stakeholders of interaction design early in the
design process, in order
to aim at a more creative as well as more user-centred requirement
development.
*Limitations/Implications* – Our finding will in no way guarantee “the
best design solution”,
but they show a type of creative collaboration between stakeholders and
designers in a very
early design phase, which allows considering and exploring new solutions
before these need
to be prototyped or implemented.
*Originality/Value* – The techniques we intend to discuss are in no way
new, however their
application early in design in this open ended approach is not well
documented.
*Take away message* – Non-formal modelling tools and techniques for
early collaboration with
stakeholders are relatively cheap but uniquely stimulating techniques
for identifying both the
boundaries and the opportunities of the design space for interactive
systems.
*
Important Deadlines*
Submission of extended abstracts: July 1, 2011
Acceptance notification: July 15, 2011
Date of the workshop: August 23, 2011
*
Intended Outcomes*
We intend to develop our workshop discussion results into a publication
to be submitted for
pear review (monograph, journal paper, chapter in a handbook), aiming at
an audience of
interaction designers and teachers on interaction design. More
structural outcomes like a
website of tools and techniques, or a catalogue of design studies, will
be considered.
*
More Information*
More and continuously updated information can be found at
http://www.hciv.de/ecce11