CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
Dey Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:56:25 +1100
In late October I posted a message to this list inviting those
involved in web accessibility to participate in an online survey of
accessibility evaluation practices. I promised to provide a summary of
the results to this list.

There were 98 respondents, with the majority from the IT&T and
education sectors whose roles involve less than 50%
accessibility-related work. Manual inspection was the most popular
evaluation method used, and user testing the least popular. Most
evaluations were based on the W3C's Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines (WCAG).

More details are available at
http://deyalexander.com/papers/accessibility-evaluation-survey.html

Cheers,