CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 16:37:24 +0200
From:
Greg Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Readers,

With regards to an online experiment I'm currently conducting ...

Yesterday, I found that there was a small problem with some code that was
created to ensure that participants were evenly designated to mainatin a
counterbalanced experimental design.  For several individuals who
registered and attempted to complete the experiment sometime between April
29th and 30th, this resulted in not being able to proceed into the
experiment beyond the first page (this page would simply refresh itself
over and over again).

I'm very sorry to those of you who experienced this, and I appreciate your
time and effort in trying to participate in my online study.

This problem has been fixed. So, those of you who registered and had this
problem, if you log back onto the website by going to the following URL
www.traitsntunes.com/english and enter your username and password, you will
immediately proceed into the experiment beyond the first page that gave you
problems. For anyone else planning to do the experiment, again, the problem
has been fixed, so you will be able to proceed through the experiment
normally.

Once again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience and I hope that it
hasn't deterred you with respect to further participating in my study.

Thank you very much,

Greg Dunn

Marie Curie Research Fellow & PhD. Candidate
Philips Research Laboratories
High Tech Campus 34
Media Interaction Group, WB 5.06
5656 AE, Eindhoven