From:
Juan Lanus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Juan Lanus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:03:21 -0300
Hal, I agree with you. It's awful. But it seems to be the accepted standard.
As I see it the only advantage BTC (book title caps) has is that it
can be done by anyone despite his knowledge level about the underlying
language. Any foreign software developer, from a country with a
radically different language and alphabet can do it in English.
For example the very succesful Eclipse software development IDE
http://www.eclipse.org (for software developers, like me) states in
their UI standard that you have to use BTC.
The German are midway, as they seem to capitalize all substantive
words. Maybe for them this is worse as the capitalized initial conveys
a grammatical meaning and capitalized verbs will look as nouns to
them.
--
Juan Lanus