From:
SH Ramlet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SH Ramlet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:00:59 -0500
Hi, Sandeep,

What you are asking is rather broad--it's almost like asking for a quick
tutorial in best practices for software development. It is difficult to give
you targeted information for such a broad topic in a short period of time.
Have you considered hiring a consultant who has a methodology already in
place? That's a great opportunity to: 1) get your project completed quickly,
and 2) learn from them to develop your own internal methodology going
forward.

That said, there are several excellent texts on usability testing; one that
I have found useful is Jeffrey Rubin's "Handbook of Usability Testing",
which I find to be a good primer on the topic. It includes some templates,
as well.

You can also find great resources on the web site of the Usability
Professionals' Association:  http://www.upassoc.org. Specifically, there is
a nice section on Methods:
http://www.upassoc.org/usability_resources/guidelines_and_methods/

I hope that helps get you started--

Susan Ramlet
Usability Engineer, Enterprise Applications
Medtronic