Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:22:19 +0100
7bit
From:
Markus Schedl <[log in to unmask]>
[Apologies for cross-posting.]

The Department of Computational Perception <http://www.cp.jku.at> at the
Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
is happy to announce one PhD opening for the project
"Personalized Music Retrieval via Music Content, Music Context, and User
Context" <http://www.cp.jku.at/research/projects/P22856-N23/project.html>
http://www.cp.jku.at/research/projects/P22856-N23/project.html

We are looking for scientists to work in this three-year-research-project.

For this project, we are seeking creative and motivated researchers with
a strong
background and a completed Master's degree in

    - user modeling, profiling, and adaptation / personalization /
pervasive computing
    - and/or (Web) information extraction / retrieval
    - and/or machine learning / pattern recognition
    - and/or (music) information retrieval and extraction / user interfaces

Preference will be given to candidates who combine expertise in several
fields mentioned
above and who already have a record of research involving one or more of
the above areas.

Although not compulsory, a certain appeal to music is a plus. :-)

Further important requirements are creativity, motivation, excellent
skills in English,
and interest in scientific work.
The successful applicants will be given a lot of freedom in pursuing
their research,
within the scope of the project. They will be allowed to work in a
creative environment
within an excellent research team. Moreover, we offer flexible working
times and the
opportunity to present research results in an international context.

The salary will be about EUR 26,000 per year (pre-tax). Accepted
applicants will further
have the opportunity to enrol in a Ph.D. program in Computer Science at the
Johannes Kepler University, Linz.

Upon acceptance, the employment may start as soon as possible
(preferably January 2011).

Please send your application including full CV, list of publications,
one or two substantial
and related publication(s) if available, and any other material you
consider interesting
(e.g., portrait, personal references (contact persons), ...)
via email to:

In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Markus Schedl

Dr. Markus Schedl
Assistant Professor
Department of Computational Perception