From:
Loren Terveen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Loren Terveen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:00:19 -0500
*Call for Participation* <http://cscw2011.org/cfp/index.html> ·

*Doctoral Colloquium*

*The 2011 ACM Conference on
 Computer Supported Cooperative Work
*

*March 19–23, 2011 · Hangzhou, China*

*Please distribute this information widely to Ph.D students.*

 The CSCW 2011 Doctoral Colloquium is a forum in which Ph.D. students can
meet and discuss their work with each other and a panel of experienced CSCW
researchers and practitioners. The colloquium will take place directly
before the CSCW 2011 conference, on March 18-19, 2011.
For information on the Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work,
please visit the conference website: http://cscw2011.org/

We welcome applicants from a broad range of disciplines and approaches that
inform CSCW, including computer science, cognitive science, organizational
studies, anthropology, sociology, and related fields. We are particularly
interested in applications from students of institutions and groups that
have not been traditionally well-represented at past CSCW conferences.

Applicants should be Ph.D. students with an already well-established
direction of research relevant to CSCW, and who would benefit from
attendance at the Doctoral Colloquium; preference will be given to students
who have already begun their dissertations and are within two years of
graduation.

The Colloquium committee will select approximately 15 participants who will
be expected to give short, informal presentations of their work during the
Colloquium, to be followed by extensive group discussion. Participants will
also present their research in an interactive poster session during the main
technical program of the conference.

See *http://cscw2011.org/cfp/dc.html* <http://cscw2011.org/cfp/dc.html>* *for
details on the submission process.

All submissions must be received by the chairs by 5:00 p.m. (17:00) Pacific
Standard Time on October 1, 2010. Submissions received after this date will
not be considered.

For students studying at U.S. institutions who are selected for the
colloquium, we can pay for hotel room cost and conference registration. We
are also able to reimburse a portion (possibly all) of airfare for
participants from U.S. institutions. We may have limited funds to partially
support some students from non-U.S. institutions.

For questions, please contact:   *[log in to unmask]*<[log in to unmask]>