From:
Vanessa Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vanessa Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:59:03 +0100

OPEN FOR REGISTRATION (Early registration deadline : Jan. 31)

FUNDING FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEERS

_ _

6th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2011)
http://hri2011.net

March 6-9, 2011, Lausanne, Switzerland

_REGISTRATION_

To register for HRI2011, go to http://inform.epfl.ch/index.php?form=HRI2011.

HRI 2011 is the 6th Annual Conference for basic and applied human-robot
interaction research. Scientists from across the world submit their
bestwork and attend HRI to hear the latest theories, data, and videos
from the world's best HRI researchers. Each year, the HRI conference
highlights a particular area. The theme of HRI 2011 is *Real World HRI*.
This theme is intended to highlight HRI in which basic scientific
research is further tested in real world settings or applied to
questions that arise in real world settings. One central aspect of this
type of research, in contrast to other realms of applied research, is
that it is theoretically driven and feeds back to our theoretical
understandings. As such, real world research fortifies our understanding
of people, robots, and interaction between the two.

HRI is a single-track, highly selective annual international conference
that seeks to showcase the very best interdisciplinary and
multidisciplinary research in human-robot interaction with roots in
social psychology, cognitive science, HCI, human factors, artificial
intelligence, robotics, organizational behavior, anthropology and many
more, and we invite broad participation.

Registration fees, to be collected in Swiss Francs (CHF), are as follows:

ACM/SIG/IEEE/HFES/AAAI member

Student member

Non-member

Student non-member

Early registration
(Dec. 23, 2010 -- Jan. 31, 2011)

499 CHF

252 CHF

662 CHF

336 CHF

Late registration
(Feb. 1, 2010 -- Mar. 5, 2011)

604 CHF

357 CHF

798 CHF

473 CHF

On-site registration
(Mar. 6, 2011- Mar. 9, 2011)

709 CHF

462 CHF

945 CHF

615 CHF

Registration to the conference includes admission to the banquet for one
person. Extra banquet tickets may be purchased during registration for
53 CHF.

*The tutorial and workshop fees are:*

All members

Full-day workshop/tutorial

106 CHF

Half-day workshop/tutorial

53 CHF

All workshop and tutorial attendees must also register for the
conference.  For details on the workshops and tutorials offered at
HRI2011, see http://hri2011.net/program/.

If you have any questions about the registration, please contact Selma
Sabanovic, the Registration Chair, at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

_FUNDING FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEERS_

We are pleased to announce that there is funding available to partially
support travel to HRI2011 for Student Volunteers.  Students receiving
support will be expected to volunteer time to help with on-site
registration and with general duties, as needed, from 5 March (early
on-site registration, tutorials and workshops) to 9 March, 2011. Being a
Student Volunteer is a great way to enter the HRI research community,
meet other students in your field, and attend one of most important
conferences in HRI. We are looking to include students with diverse
backgrounds in HRI and from all parts of the world.  To request funding,
send your application to the Registration Chair, Selma Sabanovic
([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>).  For detailed
instructions on the information that you need to include in your
application, please go to
http://hri2011.net/2011/01/funding-for-student-volunteers/.

Vanessa Evers
Institute for Informatics
Faculty of Physics, Mathematics, and Informatics
University of Amsterdam
Mail address:
PO box 94323, 1090 GH Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Visitor address:
Science Park 904, 1098 XH Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)20-5256795
Fax: +31 (0)20-5256896
Website: http://staff.science.uva.nl/~evers
Email: [log in to unmask]