CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender: "ACM SIGCHI WWW Human Factors (Open Discussion)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Michel Weenink <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:21:52 +0100
From: Jared M. Spool <[log in to unmask]>

> What's the point of changing the color?

Typed links.

What is not on the WWW is an indication of what a link is leading you
to: might be an image (blue underlined link), might be a complete new
site (remotely) about the topic (blue underlined link), might be an
explanation of the term (blue underlined link) etc. (blue underlined
link).

Then again we'd ALL have to use green links for explanations and ALL use
blue links for complete new sites etc...

I know it's somewhere in Beacker but I seem to have lent the book to
someone. Another article is on
http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/~dieberger/Usability_and_Web.html

Best,

michel