Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:25:25 -0800
From:
Ron Wakkary <[log in to unmask]>
Call for Submissions ACM Interactions Magazine

The Editors-in-Chief of ACM Interactions magazine invite authors to submit articles and other features for publication.

Interactions magazine is the mirror on the human-computer interaction and interaction design communities and beyond. It is the multiplicities of conversations, collaborations, relationships and new discoveries focused on how and why we interact with the designed world of technologies. Interactions magazine carries a special voice that lies between practice and research with an emphasis on making accessible and engaging HCI research in practitioner communities.

The magazine is circulated to approximately 6000 subscribers per issue! This includes all ACM members of SIGCHI. It is the third largest ACM publication.  Interactions magazine has a large readership and is influencing the field. To work with the magazine does make a difference.

Interactions magazine represents the expertise and new discoveries within the HCI and interaction design research and practitioner communities. Our emphasis is on communicating our expertise and knowledge across our fields and beyond. Submissions may be new material or based on material previously published in academic research venues re-written for wider audience.

We are looking for the following submissions:
* Feature Article: A 2200-2500 words article that covers any topic related to Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design.
* Blogspot: A 1200-1500 words opinion piece on a topic related to our communities.
* Demo Hour: An example of new technologies, design, applications or something we’ve not seen before! This submission requires at least one image and a 50-100 words description plus a link to a project web site and a reference for a single publication for more details.

We are also looking for community notices for relates conferences and events descriptions, dates, and deadlines.

There is no deadline for submissions. We accept submissions year-round.

Send your submissions or inquiries to eic[at]interactions[dot]acm[dot]org

Best,

Ron Wakkary and Erik Stolterman
Editors-in-Chief ACM Interactions