Sender:
From:
CHI Publicity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 07:19:26 -0800
The CHI 2011 Registration site (http://www.regonline.com/chi_2011_attendees)
is now open. CHI 2011 will be held May 7-12, 2011, at the Vancouver
Convention Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia on Canada's West Coast.

Information for those attending CHI has now been posted. See
http://chi2011.org/attending/index.html for details about:

   - Housing and Accommodation <http://chi2011.org/attending/housing.html>
   - Registration <http://chi2011.org/attending/registration.html>
   - Obtaining a Canadian visa <http://chi2011.org/attending/visas.html>
    (Bonus tips: On the Canadian Border Services Agency site (
   http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html), use the
   Requirements to Enter Canada link in the Tips And Tools Box, to
determine you
   whether you need a visa or visit the Canadian; or visit the Citizenship and
   Immigration Canada site for detailed information:
   http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp)

The official website for visitors to Vancouver: www.tourismvancouver.com

Don't Forget January Deadlines!!

SIGs, Work-in-Progress, alt.chi, and Student Competitions are due January
14, 2011.  Workshop position papers are due on or before January 14th (check
individual workshop CFP for details):

January 14, 2011:

   - Special Interest Groups (SIGs) <
   http://chi2011.org/authors/sigs/index.html>
   - Work-in-Progress <http://chi2011.org/authors/wip.html
   -  alt.chi <http://chi2011.org/authors/altchi/index.html>
   - Videos <http://chi2011.org/authors/videos/index.html>
   - Student Research Competition <http://chi2011.org/authors/src/index.html

   - Student Design Competition <http://chi2011.org/authors/sdc/index.html>

Now through January 14, 2011:

    o Workshops (Participants): Please check the page of the workshop to
which you would like to submit for details. The latest due date will be
January 14, 2011, but workshops may have earlier deadlines.
     <http://chi2011.org/authors/workshops-attending.html#list>

The ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems is the premier
international conference of human-computer interaction. CHI 2011 focuses on
leveraging our diversity and connecting people, cultures, technologies,
experiences, and ideas. CHI 2011 will be held in gorgeous, energetic,
sophisticated Vancouver BC, a city renowned for its innovation in
sustainability, accessibility, and inclusivity.

Join us at CHI 2011 in Vancouver and prepare yourself for a great time
Connecting!

Visit the CHI 2011 web site for further information and to connect with CHI
on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.

http://chi2011.org/

Regards,

Kirstie Hawkey
CHI 2011 Publicity Chair
on behalf of the CHI 2011 Committee

p.s. - We want announcements about CHI to reach a broad audience. If you
have suggestions for email lists or other channels over which information
about CHI should be distributed, please let me know.