From:
Paul André <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul André <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:39:50 -0500
===
CHI 2012 Workshop
CrowdCamp: Rapidly iterating ideas related to collective intelligence and crowdsourcing
May 5 & 6, 2012

Application: January 13, 2012
Notification: February 13, 2012

Website: http://crowdresearch.org/crowdcamp/
Contact: [log in to unmask]
===

Collective intelligence and related fields are having tremendous impact on our world, and we are studying and building systems to understand and push the boundaries of what is possible in these fast-growing areas. To effectively do so, we draw from diverse disciplines including computer science, business, economics, design, etc. Yet few opportunities exist to form the interdisciplinary teams necessary for this work and to rapidly test new ideas.

This 2-day event is unlike traditional CHI workshops. We encourage a hands-on approach with an emphasis on idea generation and prototyping, while keeping the traditional benefits of provocative discussion and community building. We hope to bring together a diverse set of researchers, expose them to a broad range of ideas, actively engage them in starting a project, and sow the seeds for future collaboration. At the very least, there'll be donuts.

Possible outputs include:
- experiment design,
- in-depth thoughts on wicked problems, or
- paper or coded prototypes.

Please apply if you:
- study platforms and projects to understand motivation and participation,
- experiment with mechanisms for increased engagement or quality, or
- build innovative systems for crowds (friends, or communities), or powered by crowds.

Workshop candidates are asked to fill in an application form detailing ideas (future visions, broad and specific project ideas, dataset-specific), and some information about yourself (skillset, collaboration style, bio). Further information can be found at our website, or please e-mail us at [log in to unmask]
We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Organizers:
Paul André, Carnegie Mellon
Michael Bernstein, MIT
Mira Dontcheva, Adobe