From:
Rick Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 13:07:39 +0000
IEEE WORLD HAPTICS CONFERENCE 2013 - FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

IEEE WHC 2013 (IEEE WORLD HAPTICS CONFERENCE 2013, THE 5TH JOINT EUROHAPTICS CONFERENCE AND IEEE HAPTICS SYMPOSIUM) Daejeon, Korea, April 14 to 17, 2013 http://www.haptics2013.org/

Sponsored by the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society and Korea Robotics Society. The multidisciplinary field of haptics includes advanced robotic systems that enable haptic human-machine interactions.

The organizing committee and editorial board members proudly invite you to the IEEE World Haptics Conference 2013 at the Daejeon Convention Center, April 14 to 18. This Conference is a mixture of academia, industry, art and entertainment. The board has gone beyond measures to fulfill your interests, accommodate you with the most elegance and detail. As the general chair, I confidently present 11 reasons why you should be here and be part of something new and different:
1. This year's WHC will be the largest WHC ever held, if you participate. We're expecting more than 400 participants from all-around the world to share their technology and expertise.
2. More than 10 of sponsors have generously supported this event to ensure the most successful and progressive future of robotics.
3.  Nine brilliant artists from the world will present a vision of art, beauty through haptic technology. This is the first time we will be given a direct opportunity to understand the inspiration and thought process of artists.
4. The Conference's talks and workshops are expected to be academically the richest and finest:
Three plenary talks, one special lifetime lecture, five workshop/tutorial, 32 oral presentations, 92 posters, 83 demonstrations.
5. Four speakers from a wide spectrum of industries-global leading companies, a middle sized company, an innovative venture-will present their visions and perspectives. Students will be provided with tangible insights with how their current studies should progress.
6. More than 10 booths of companies and research institutes, their state-of-the-art technologies will be shown and job interviews will be provided to students. This is a great opportunity to learn what kind of candidates the companies are searching for.
7. You can taste the city's night of Korea. Unlimited beer will be provided at the downtown bar during the get-together party.
8. All registered student participants are invited to the banquet by the support of sponsors.
9. There is a beautiful arboretum within a walking distance from the convention center. We encourage you to take a walk and soak in the delightful forest of thousands trees and flower beds.
10. A technical tour and a cultural tour to the historical sites of the Baekje dynasty are offered. The technical tour will give you a chance explores KAIST, ETRI, KRISS. Baekje was one of the three dynasties during the (from the 4th to 7th century) Three Nation era, Daejeon once being the territory of Baekje. You will be able to enjoy and experience relics that have withstood 1500 years.
11. At the farewell party, wide screen TVs, smart phones from the sponsor companies will be given out as special gifts to participants, who have picked the winning number.
We've put in time and effort into making this conference something you have never seen before! We could ask nothing more than your participation and the sharing of your knowledge. This will help us create a new social network.
For more details, please visit www.haptics2013.org. Pre-registration is due on the 30th of March, 2013. We need a lot of your enthusiasm and interest!

See you in Daejeon,
Dong-Soo Kwon,
General Chair, WHC2013