CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI World Wide Web Issues (Open Discussion)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:51:43 -0500
At http://www6conf.slac.stanford.edu/program/history.html
is a description of the WWW6 "History Track":

  The history track is an opportunity for people to learn about
  the roots of the Web and the history of the Web's development
  to the present day. What Web-like systems were invented and
  what happened to them? Who made these systems and what do their
  inventors think about the Web today? How has it changed business,
  education, science? What has people's reactions been to the
  growth and evolution of the Web? What lessons can we learn from
  the past?

They are still looking for participants for this track! The deadline
is very fast approaching, however: FEBRUARY 7.

Douglas Englebart will be organzing some of these session, so
you know it will be good.

Considering that many people feel "the Web" has ignored the human
factors knowledge we have gained in the past, I see this as
a wonderful opportunity to make the Web development community
more aware of HCI etal.

This history track wil be the last day of the conference, Friday
April 11.

Keith