From:
Michael Fry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Fry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 18:26:26 -0400
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Tara O'Doherty wrote:

> Is it beneficial to brand a website? Some say
> users are only interested in the facts and that the web is
> no environment to make a visual or emotional impression.
> BUT....Could the lack of a branded design (Colours, fonts, graphics)
> lower the user's perception
> of a product/service?? The medium and the message??

I agree that Web users want 'the facts,' but I doubt that they want
it to the total exclusion of branding.  In fact, I'd submit that branding
suggests, among other things, familiarity and accountability, two
things I'm sure many Web users like to have in an environment that is
still sometimes daunting and suspicious.

Michael Fry