MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"A. EL Saddik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:20:13 -0400
Call for Brave New Topics

 ACM Multimedia 2008 (http://www.mcrlab.uottawa.ca/acmmm2008/) is
seeking to extend the boundaries of multimedia research presented at the
conference through the introduction of its Brave New Topics Sessions.

 We solicit papers either dealing with topics not usually covered at ACM
Multimedia or that introduce entirely new research areas. Example topics
include but are not limited to: multimodal interfaces (smell, touch,
etc.), multimodal biometrics, multimedia sensor-based systems, gaming,
and ambient media intelligent system.

 The Brave New Topics sessions is being handled as a separate track at
this year's conference. We expect to accommodate about 10 Brave New
Topics papers. Since acceptance is likely to be highly selective, we
encourage you to submit a short proposal well in advance of the final
submission dates. We can provide feedback on your proposal or help bring
groups together in expanded sessions.

 Paper presented in the Brave New Topic session will be included in the
ACM MM proceedings and will be made accessible through ACM digital library.

 Deadlines: Extended Proposal submission:   May 16, 2008
                  Final submission:          May 30, 2008

Submit your Brave New Topic Paper directly through EDAS:
  http://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=6584&track=4550&

Submission instructions are available at
http://www.mcrlab.uottawa.ca/acmmm2008/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=29
<http://www.mcrlab.uottawa.ca/acmmm2008/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=29>

Brave New Topics Co-Chairs:

Ling Guan (Ryerson University)