The Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore
(NUS), is seeking a full-time postdoctoral research fellow in the area
of multimedia systems and networking.
- The candidate must obtain his or her Ph.D. degree in Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
discipline by the time of the appointment,
- Should have research experience demonstrated through publications
in international conferences and journals.
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written) are
Preferences will be given to candidates with research experience in
H.264/AVC coding, human-computer interaction, video streaming, and
The successful applicant will assist the Principle Investigator
(Dr. Wei Tsang Ooi) and his team in research, development, and
deployment of a video streaming system. The position is for two
years and is available immediately. The project is expected to
lead to high-quality publications in top journals or conferences,
with an open source software as a deliverable.
Interested candidates should email their applications
- to Wei Tsang Ooi at [log in to unmask],
- with a subject heading of "Postdoc Application: <Candidate's Name>",
- attach a complete CV in PDF format,
- include links to two representative published manuscripts, and
- include names and emails of two references.
National University of Singapore (NUS) is one of the top 40 universities
globally, as ranked by Newsweek in 2007. NUS's Department of Computer
Science has about 60 faculty members and is one of the leading CS
department in Asia. The department has a strong group of media
researchers and regularly publish in top venues (e.g., five papers
in ACM Multimedia 2007).
The successful applicant will be part of the NEMESYS (Networked and
Embedded Multimedia Systems Research Group). More information about
the group can be found at: