Sender:
From:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:26:18 -0400
At 03:08 PM 7/8/97 +0100, Bart wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>A very interesting article in this months Byte: "Good-Bye GUI..... Hello NUI".
>The Network User Interface; desktop GUI and network WebUI are becoming one...
>What will happen?
>
>        http://www.byte.com/ or the article directly:
>        http://www.byte.com/art/9707/sec5/art1.htm
>
>Tom Halfhill looks at 13 different interpretations/proposals by the main
>players in the market: Microsoft (active desktop), Netscape
>(Constellation), Oracle (NC),...

Thanks for passing that along.  I've read about one-third of the article and
have found it interesting so far.

>What part of YOUR web (or internet presence) would you like to put on the
>users desktop? And how?
>Let's dream about the future!

Here's one thing I as a user would like to see:  Word hooked up to a server
that would provide updates to the word list it uses for spell checking.
Perhaps not the most thrilling example of what a NUI could do, but still, I
like to use words well and would like to have the latest set.

Then, while we're at it, an updated dictionary, so I could click on a word
and get the latest definition.  And a thesarus.  And help on usage.

-- Louise

--
Louise Penberthy                                Voice:  (404) 875-5620
Project Manager, Interface Designer             Fax:  (404) 870-0895