Sender:
From:
Cindy Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:28:05 -0400
Hello, I'm Cindy Lu, and I'm this week's CHI-WEB moderator (12 April,
2004 - 18 April, 2004).

The LISTServ was having some technical difficulties last week, if you
have not seen your post appear on the list, please try and re-post.

This mail contains list policy information.

== ABOUT POSTING ===
Member-only posting to CHI-WEB is now implemented.

When posting to the list, please remember:
      * Make sure you post a summary if you collect comments and
suggestions.
      * The posting must be in plain text.
      * Trim your replies.

We ask you to add meta-information to your subject line in the form of a
category statement. The four types follow:

     **DISCUSSION: A web and hci/usability title goes here

     **C+S: A broader range of topics could go here (perhaps more
technical or more general HCI - this is our "collect and summarize"
initial request)

     **SUMMARY: The title of the original posting goes here so an
archive search will find it (this is the C+S followup). Please include
contributor names unless they ask to be anonymous.

     **REQUEST: Volunteers, labs or other resources requested here

For detailed posting guidelines, please visit the CHI-WEB site:
http://sigchi.org/web/guidelines.html

== PENDING SUMMARIES ===

If you have not received sufficient responses to create a summary,
please let a moderator know.

:: New pending summaries:
--(06 March) Kavya Ramachandran- UI specs and accessibility information
--(06 March) Gail G Mclaughlin -User cannot red read text --(06
March)Laura Ward-UI for Government Form --(09
March)[log in to unmask] agent to buid more relevant queries on
google and other  search engines

:: Pending summaries (over a week old):
-- (02 April) Jeff Sikes - Form Design: Visual Design Best Practice
-- (31 March) Michael Crowther - Cursor proximity to screen options
-- (25 March)  Kavya Ramachandran - Storyboard Formatting
-- (15 March)  Mary Keitelman <[log in to unmask]> - Request for
resources re portals
-- (17 February)  Jodi Bollaert <[log in to unmask]> - Best Practices
in Web-based Configurator Design

== REMINDER ===
To suspend your CHI-WEB subscription before turning on out-of-office
replies, please send the following line as the body of an email to

      set chi-web nomail

To resume your subscription when you return, send this line

      set chi-web mail

Thank you for your time,

Cindy Lu
CHI-WEB Moderator