We’re looking for a very special person…
* Someone who understands how design fits into a holistic user-centered
* Someone who understands that experience design is not owned by any
discipline, rather it’s something that requires a contribution from all
* Someone who is qualified to lead a design discipline in a progressive
globally minded organization.
See job description below. Interested parties should contact Traci
Blackstone at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .
Challis Hodge, CEO
H A N N A H O D G E
u s e r e x p e r i e n c e a r c h i t e c t s
312.397.9020 fax 312.397.9019
[ [log in to unmask] | www.hannahodge.com ]
The VP Design is responsible for managing HannaHodge's visual design,
information architecture, and editorial and for ensuring the design
discipline delivers creative solutions within an iterative user-centered
design process. This position is also responsible for the design integrity
of all internal and external deliverables.
* BS, MS, MFA or PhD in design or related field.
* 8+ years experience in delivering design solutions via interactive media.
* 6+ years managing design solutions for the Internet (wireless experience a
* Demonstrated ability to integrate design with strategy, research, and
* Extensive experience with identity, interface, information and interactive
* Knowledge of cutting edge technologies in web design and development.
* Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
* Personable and diplomatic team player who communicates with persuasion and
clarity of thought.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a team environment.
* Demonstrated record of successful client interaction at executive level.
* Proven track record of user advocacy and user-centered design and
* Recruit, hire, and manage Design staff.
* Oversee relationships and develop synergy between strategy, research,
technology, and client services.
* Ensure all members of the design discipline have a thorough understanding
of HH's iterative user-centered design process and deliver creative
solutions within this framework.
* Consult directly with select clients.
* Provide input to HH teams and personnel on design issues.
* Ongoing input to HH process and methodologies.
* Participate in HH leadership activities, committees, etc. as required.
* Support business development team in proposal development, client
* Educate, mentor, evaluate and train HH clients and staff.
* Evangelize and represent HH in public events, conferences, forums, etc.
Interested parties should submit application materials including
professional URLs in one of the following ways:
e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> (resume should be
included in the body of the message)
fax: 312.922.3322 (Attention Human Resources)
post: HannaHodge, 310 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60604