CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Steve Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:39:37 -0600
As I was attempting to navigate our intranet sites with the keyboard and
with graphics turned off on my computer, I realized a major problem with
using a pop-up (or drop down) box without a "GO" button.  When you tab to
the box and then arrow down the list, the first down arrow immediately
kicks off the action to open up the second item in the list - just like
clicking on it with the mouse.  Consequently, it appears to be impossible
to select any item other than the second item in the list, unless you first
make the selection in the list and then click a "GO" button.  Have our
developers missed the boat somewhere, or is this a problem inherent in the
technology?