CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Kay Corry Aubrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay Corry Aubrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:35:29 -0500
Hi – thank you to the people who responded to my question on a cloud-based
community! Here are the answers I received:

Have you checked out basecamp? The 37 signals guys really know their stuff.

- Willie

*****************************

The standard these days is Basecamp. http://basecamphq.com/

*****************************

Hi Kay,

Here is a similar question and answer I posted a while ago. It focuses on
graphic deliverables, but some of the tools may work for what you want:

QUESTION: Looking for a better way for clients to review and comment on our
work online

I’m envisioning a chat tool that would allow me to do the following:

• Display a Web page, graphic, or Flash animation on the Web.

• Allow a client to visually highlight part of it.

• Create a chat thread associated with the highlighted area.

• Support multiple chat threads for different highlighted areas.

• Spellcheck chat contents.

• Archive the chat thread.

Does anyone know of such a tool? It seems that Adobe CS4 has something built
in or there maybe something in an application lifecycle management (ALM)
tool like Rational Jazz.

ANSWERS: I found some tools that do exactly what I want. Front runners are:

proofHQ (http://www.proofhq.com/html/main-features.html,
http://www.appappeal.com/app/proofhq/)

Highly polished, works with or without Basecamp

ConceptShare (http://www.conceptshare.com/tour.html,
http://www.appappeal.com/app/conceptshare)

Highly polished, works with or without Basecamp, Flash based

Cozimo (http://www.cozimo.com/, http://www.appappeal.com/app/cozimo/

Promising but I’ll need to dig deeper to see if it has all of what I need

These are similar but seem to be missing core requirements:

http://www.noteboxapp.com/

Seems to only support static files.

Seems not have chat support, only notes.

http://vyew.com/site

More for conferencing. Doesn’t seem to support chat associated with a
comment

http://www.inmotionnow.com/overview.html

Cannot really figure out if this is suitable without speaking to one of
their sales reps.

************************

I would suggest

Conceptshare (http://www.conceptshare.com/)
Zyncro (http://www.zyncro.com/)
TeamBox (http://teambox.com/)
or of course GoogleDocs

Cheers,

Ferran
www.zumaques.com

El 28/02/2012 15:52, Kay Corry Aubrey escribió:

Hi - I'd  like to be able to share UI designs with my client via an online
community. I'd be looking for something very simple, secure, reasonably
priced, and cloud-based.  I'd post screen shots, UML diagrams, stories, etc
and the client team needs to have the ability to comment and post their own
stuff. WIKI capability would be great.

Can anyone suggest some reliable online community products they've used?
I'll collect & summarize people's recommendations.

Thank you -

Kay

Kay Corry Aubrey, user-centered research and design

Usability Resources Inc |  <http://www.UsabilityResources.net>
www.UsabilityResources.net |  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

LinkedIn profile -  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kaycorryaubrey>
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kaycorryaubrey

Phone: 781-275-3020 | Fax: 1-781-998-0325

            CHI-WEB: www.sigchi.org/resources/web/faq.html
              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]