From:
Avi Rappoport <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avi Rappoport <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:50:14 -0800
All generalizations are oversimplifications (including this one?).

I think it makes sense to take a country's culture, both high and
pop, into consideration.  But labeling all Hungarians as neurotics,
for example, is just silly.  Besides, don't you think that Hungarian
tennis players have more in common with all other tennis players than
they do with Hungarian computer programmers?

Avi

At 9:33 AM +0000 12/20/1999, William Hudson wrote:
>An article in today's Independent here in the UK
>(http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/This_Britain/opposed201299.shtmlreport
>s) reports on a study of national personality traits.  It lists the US as a
>country of extroverts (there's a surprise!) while the Spanish were the least
>extroverted.  The online version doesn't list the small table from the
>printed paper, so I include it below.  The study will appear in the journal
>"Personality and Individual Differences", published by Elsevier Science.
>
>Perhaps we need to adapt our interface styles to the appropriate national
>characteristics?  (Does anyone already do this?)
Web Site Search Industry Analysis from Search Tools Consulting
    (510) 845-2551  -- <mailto: [log in to unmask]>
Guide to Web Site Indexing and Local Search Engines:
<http://www.searchtools.com>